Excel with tally automation

I am trying to learn to save contents of specific column from an excel file, say column into an array variable. and use one bye column contents in tally application. can anyone help me with the syntax please. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi
We can directly use FOR EACH ROW activity that will take the value of a particular column (if mentioned) and can be used one by one inside the Application we want
That is use READ RANGE activity inside EXCEL APPLICATION SCOPE and get the output with a variable of type datatable named dt
—now pass that variable dt as input to FOR RACH ROW activity and inside that use a assign activity like this
str_input = row(“yourcolumnname”).ToString

This variable str_input can be used in your application

Cheers @monikanimbalkar

i am trying follow as mention above steps but cant to take one particular value of column used one by one in application. plz help.

1 Like

This step actually does that
That is once after getting the particular current iteration row value of a column with variable str_input we can place the other set of activities next to this assign activity that helps us in processing with the application

So that in next iteration inside the loop the next value will be assigned to the variable str_input and that can be used in that next set of activities within FOR EACH ROW loop

Like all the activities must be placed within FIR EACH ROW loop that actually connects with the application so that for each iteration each and every particular value will be used

Cheers @monikanimbalkar

plz see screeshot

1 Like

Yah
Keep the open application inside the for each row loop so that the values can be used one by one for each iteration
Based on from which datatable we are getting the data
Cheers @monikanimbalkar

how to set variable in that situation?

1 Like

Thank you.

Mention as item.ToString in the excel application scope as file path
@monikanimbalkar

1 Like

hear i read 2 column an 2 each row activity . and i want to both column value use one by one in one application.

this is my application window. here i wanna use both column value one by one.

please share full syntax or steps.

Fine
In that case
—use excel application scope and pass the file path as input and inside the scope use READ RANGE activity and mention the range as “E7:G20” with sheetname as “Master”
—and get the output with a variable of type datatable named dt
—now use a FOR EACH ROW loop and pass the variable dt as input
—inside the loop use a assign activity like this
str_value1= row(“yourcolumnname”).ToString
And another assign activity like this
str_value2 = row(“yourcolumnname”).ToString

Next to this assign activity use a OPEN APPLICATION activity and inside that container we can use these two variables

Cheers @monikanimbalkar

1 Like

as above screenshot i used 2 variable “str_item_name” and “str"qty” . i wanna used both variable in same application . please help me…
thank you for all guidance.

is there any common column between these two datatable
that is the one value of a column matches in both the table, then the corresponding value of another column can be obtained

Cheers @monikanimbalkar

1 Like

no different column . in excel 2 different column and i wanna extract in one same application one by one.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.