I have a seemingly complex RPA task that I cannot seem to complete. I have done a lot of searching on this forum, Google and Youtube and am still really struggling. There is a lot of work that occurs before and after the excel manipulation which is complete. I am just stuck on this excel piece to complete my project.
Essentially I am trying to combine two complex data sets into one data set. Below you will find the general workflow.
Here is what I am trying to achieve
- Open an excel file 1
- Identify the Customer name (Cell B6 in the workbook, long string of data, cant determine how to identify the customer name using RPA)
- Delete existing data, this is a macro enabled file. I must retain the macro row and leave one blank row in the end
- Open excel file 2 (Filter for the Customer name)
- Copy the Customer data
- Open excel file 1
- Copy the macro row for the number of cells I need to copy from excel file 2, (including one blank row at the end)
- Paste the Customer data from excel file 2 into excel file 1
- Click a check button macro
- Route the file into a passed or failed folder
I need to loop this for every customer
Any help would be greatly appreciated …