EXCEL ROBOT

@langsem

What ever steps you mentioned every thing looks ok.

Do one thing, after For each loop activity use Output DataTable activity to convert that dataTable into string and print it using Message Box activity and check whether it is printing anything or not.

asdasd

its printing this( think its from the pdfs in the first folder.

then it throws this error ererr

@langsem

It means you specifed wrong path in Excel Application scope activity. Please check once.

excel%20scope

thats my scope

and that my variable used in that scope with the folder path

must be my application scope thats wrong since it has data but as soon as its entry the excel application scope it loses data

@langsem

It won’t lose the data.

for some reason it dont insert that data into the excel, it saves 2 excel sheets thats completely blank

could i share the project ? maybe i have overlooked something

Main.xaml (26.4 KB)

for those who might be better at this than me

@langsem

I checked your workflow found 2 mistakes.

1. We can’t use both together. We will use Excel Write Range activity inside Excel application scope activity. use this highlighed activity inside Excel Application scope activity.

1. In the Logg_Path variable, you mentioned like this and its wrong. Here, why you added extension here again.

“\fs01\profiler\alan.langsem\Documents\RPA EXTRACT FILES\REP_EXCELL_LOGG.xlsx”

hm well its almost correct, atleast now its typing something, but i want the headers i made to be on top and then want the robot to insert the data to the right columns

1 Like

managed to make the headers. but how can i assign a name to the folders ?

@langsem

Sorry u didn’t get you. Assigning names to folder means ?

Do you want to create new folder ?

i have a each loop that goes throuhg 8 different folders inside one folder. Then inside the subfolder there its pdf files. I am extracting data from the pdf that i am typing into the excel, but i want to also get a variable when i visit a folder so example the robot goes into folder1 to extract data from a pdf then i want in the excel a status header and if the robot its in side folder1 assign name1 to excel under status, if folder2 assign name 2 etc