Excel link break

Hello, dear friends!
I need to break links in a workbook. When I use Excel Application Scope, the “break link” button does not work. When I do it manually, the button works. What to do?разрыв связей.xaml (28.5 KB)

Hi @Ayzhana,

Welcome to UiPath Forum Community.
In Balareva.Excel.Activities has an activity called Hyperlink Remove. Using this you can able to remove the hyperlink to the cells.

Regards
Balamurugan.S

There was an error… Hyperlink Remove: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC

1 Like

let me check and get back to you…

well, I’ll wait

1 Like

Hi @Ayzhana,

Can you please check this video.

Regards
Balamurugan.S

I managed to do so using invoke code. Been trying to do so in VB without success, finally managed to do it in C#. VB gives an error that it cannot cast xlWb.LinkSources(xlExcelLinks) to an array, it will only recognize it as an object, so you will not be able to iterate it in a for loop unlike what you see in C#. Below is the code I came up with after doing a lot of research (I’m new to C#). The only input argument you will require is FilePath.

Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Application xlApp = new Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Application();
Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Workbook xlWb;

try{

xlApp.DisplayAlerts= false;
	xlWb = xlApp.Workbooks.Open(FilePath);
	Array olinks = xlWb.LinkSources(Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.XlLink.xlExcelLinks) as Array;

if (olinks != null)
	{
		for (int i = 1; i <= olinks.Length; i++)
		{
			xlWb.BreakLink((string)olinks.GetValue(i), Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.XlLinkType.xlLinkTypeExcelLinks);
		}
	}

xlWb.Save();
	xlWb.Close();
}
catch (System.Exception MyEx){
	throw myEx;
}
finally{
	xlApp.DisplayAlerts = true;
	xlApp.Quit();
}