Excel Iteration

Hello,

I am trying to automate a process of assigning roles to application users in Oracle Fusion Cloud applications.
Basically my data looks like below:

So, I have to first input the user name in the first screen and then click on the “Submit” button which takes me to the second screen. From there I have to assign multiple roles to the user as applicable.
I have created a simple foreachrow function which is working fine for a single user (user-1).
But I am unable to iterate the process for more than one numbers of users. In the attached example, I have two users for which roles to be provisioned.
So ideally I would need to have two loops one for the user name and other for roles which I need assistance.

Any piece of input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sundar.

Hi @Sundar_Rajan_V,

It would be easier if your data is like these, where the User Name is filled and roles are not empty.

Roles are shorten for brevity

1 Like

Hello,

Appreciate your response, I can certainly get the data in the format suggested.
Could you please help me how to handle this scenario : For user-1, I would have to loop through only 7 times (Since user-1 has only 7 roles) and user-2 should be looped only based on number of roles.

Thanks,
Sundar

@Sundar_Rajan_V
with your first table it would be possible to run over with a for each row:

• if column(0) is not empty -
    • then rtrieve the user name and init the entering for this user
    • else enter the role

with the other format you can enter the roles by filtering to the user or working with a group by with the key set to user

1 Like

Thank you very much for your response. I am a beginner to this tool, let me try to change the logic with your suggestions and update the outcome :slight_smile:

Hi @Sundar_Rajan_V,

For the second table example, read range to store to DataTable. Use activity Filter DataTable for User Name = User-1 and output to second DataTable. For Each Row on second DataTable for all the roles belonging to User-1. Repeat the activities Filter DataTable for User Name = User-2 and For Each Row on second DataTable for all the roles belonging to User-2