Excel Data Table Filter

Hi

I have a excel sheet that has 20+ Columns,I want to apply filter on multiple columns so I am trying a select query in Assign .

I simply tried as Read Range → Output : DT
Assign
DT = DT.Select(“Industry LIKE ‘Utilities’”).CopyToDataTable()

It gives me error as The Source contains no data rows, Can someone please help .

I have verified the Column Name its Industry and I want to pick rows that contains the word Utilities only .

Regards

Can you use like below

Dt.select(“[Industry]=‘Utilities’”).copytodatatable

If the above doesn’t work provide the excel sheet and the columns you want to extract.

The column has a value as TUGA - Utilities / Gas / Gas , The word Utilities is what I want to apply filter to and other columns as well but I am stuck at first column itself

HI @XYZ_1991

If you are directly looking for the value ‘Utilities’ you can use the method mentioned by @anil5. However, if your string contains more info than the word ‘Utilities’ you can use the Like method like this

DT.Select("Industry like '%Utilities%").CopyToDataTable()

or

DT.Select("[Industry] like '%Utilities%'").CopyToDataTable()
2 Likes

Use like this
dt.Select(“[Industry] like ‘%Utilities%’”).CopyToDataTable

1 Like

I have a column Name : [Opportunity Name] and I want to keep rows which do not have words like ( Pragma, ARM, Infra, Security, Cyber, Finance, Banking) What can be passed so it discards rows that have any word from this array ?

Any idea

Hi @XYZ_1991,

You have to use multiple and statements like below.

dt.Select("[Opportunity Name] Not like ‘%Pragma%’ and [Opportunity Name] Not like ‘%ARM%’ ").CopyToDataTable

And do the same for other words and give a try.

1 Like

Yeah , I was thinking if it has anything else …Helps , Thank you both :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @XYZ_1991

For this, the answer given my @anil5 should work for you :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.