Excel copy content of one cell

Hello, I got the below error message when running the type into (copying a cell content in excel), the selector works fine. can someone please help?

Capture

the selector is:

<wnd app='excel.exe' cls='XLMAIN' title='SearchResultList.xlsx - Excel' /> <uia automationid='Grid' name='Grid' role='data grid' /> <uia name='&quot;D&quot; 1' role='item' tableCol='4' tableRow='1' />

as it will always be cell D1.

1 Like

@lynnsong986

First of all for excel if you want to copy or write content from one cell to another…

Then you can use read cell activity and read the cell data into a variable and then use write cell activity to write back…

Similarly you have read range and write range as well…please consider using them…performing ui activities on excel is not adviced

You can do a copy paste range as well

Cheers

I’m copying a super long text to chatgpt, the only way to do it is through copy paste otherwise it takes forever

@lynnsong986

For that long text you can use copy paste range activity as well

Cheers

it’s not pasting to another excel sheet, it is copying thousands of words and paste in chatgpt to summarize, I need this copy to work

@lynnsong986

You can use read cell/read range and then assign the data to clipboard using set to clipboard activity then use a paste on the target chatgpt

Cheers

@lynnsong986

Now coming to the error you would generally see this if the studio you are using and the robot or orchestrator versions are not compatible…can you please check the same

Another possible reason might be the system packages…so try changing the version of system package

Cheers

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help, the clipboard works really well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.