Excel automation problems

Hi guys!

Some help please :slight_smile:

The task is as follows. (step 1-3 has to be done by the robot).

1. Read the Calculus.xlsx. Add a column ”Result”. If number > 1 number 2, subtract, else multiply them.

2. Expect a tax rate of 15 %. Add another column that adds the taxrate to the result

3. Save a new Excel-file with the results – The naming of the file must contain today’s date following this format: YYYY-MM-DD_Results.xlsx

I’m a newbie at Uipath almost a week in, so please bare with me. I seem to have reached a dead end here. have managed to finish the entire task. It’s just that the outcome is not as it should. A new excel file is created it’s just that the columns for “result” and “taxrate” are empty and the “taxrate” results meaning the numbers are also added to the sheet it’s just that they’re not where they are supposed which is under their respective column.
Calculus.xlsx (14.9 KB)
Main.xaml (19.3 KB)

Hi @PeteJohnsson

Please find the attached xaml file , I developed a flow as you expected and I also share the input, output excel also
2021-12-13Results.xlsx (7.3 KB)
Calculus.xlsx (15.6 KB)
Main (1).xaml (11.6 KB)

Thanks,

Hi,

to continuation my answer to your old post for the same question please find the attached work flow. if you have very limited rows you can follow the solution provided by @Robinnavinraj_S or if you have so many rows please refer the attached work flow which is developed by using write cell activity, excel formulas and Auto fill it will process the rows in fraction of seconds. thanks.

ExcelFormulaDemo2.zip (8.9 KB)

Hi Robin,

Many thanks for your help!

I don’t know what mistake i keep making but when i adopt your workflow i keep getting error messages. I will send you my workflow. Maybe you can see why it’s not working as it should. I noticed that you left out the excel application scope in the version you sent me? isn’t it a must in order for the robot to be able to know where to look in order to perform the task?

If possible it would be to great help if you can upload the whole solution(including the excel scope) so I can see how you’ve thought.

Best regards,

Main (1).xaml (14.7 KB)

please find the attached xaml file

i have made few modifications with your flow, actually the error is you missed starting cell value in write range activity

and more importantly if you are using excel application scope , The excel must be exist already

so i use write range activity to create empty excel file

Thanks,
Robin
Main (1) (1).xaml (15.1 KB)

try out this xaml file and after that still you are facing some issues kindly let me know whether you got solution or not

Hi Robin,

Thank you so much for your quick response and the updated worksheet. Unfortunately, I am still experiencing issues with the flow. Please see the attached image in it you will see the error message the code has resulted in.

Best regards,

Hi @PeteJohnsson

check the read range output field, i think it was empty

kindly refer the modified flow, it works fine for me
Main (1) (1).xaml (16.7 KB)

Thanks,

1 Like

Hi Robin,

Thank you so much this finally did the trick :-). I really appreciate you taking your time to assist newbies like me, it’s because of people like you there is hope for humanity :-).

I hope you don’t mind me asking you for help with another uipath question, it’s probably super easy for you as well, but it would really help.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

no issues, feel free to ask whenever you needed

Thanks,
Robin s

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.