Excel automation: extracting cells from each tab

Hi, I’m trying to extract 2 cells from each tab of an excel, there are 20 sheets that i need to extract 2 cells from,after extracting those 2 cells from all the sheets, they should be saved in a new excel sheet

1 Like

Fine
hope these steps would help you resolve this
–use excel application scope and pass the file path as input
–inside the scope use read range activity and get the output with a variable of type datatable named outdt
–then from the excel application scope activity, get the output from the property WORKBOOK named out_workbook
–now next to this excel application scope use a assign activity like this
arr_workbooksheets = out_workbooke.GetSheets
where arr_workbooksheets is a variable of type string array
–then use a for each activity and pass the above variable as input and change the type type argument as object in the property panel of for each activity
–inside the loop use a read cell activity from workbook activities where mention the cell range from where we need, mention the sheetname as item and the excel file path as well and get the output with a variable of type string named str_value1
–again use another read cell activity, repeat the same as previous step except change the cell range from where we need and the output variable as str_value2
–use a kill process activity and mention the processname property as “EXCEL”
–now use a write cell activity from workbook activities and mention the input value of str_value1 and sheetname as item and cell range we want
–again use another write cell activity and repeat the same as previous step and put the input value and cell range as where we want
–while still being inside the for each loop atlast within the loop use another kill process and mention the process name as “EXCEL”

Thats all you are done
Hope this would help you
Kindly try this and let know for any queries or clarification
Cheers @loka_shemanth

Thanks, i will try that and let you know if i have any issues

Fantastic
Cheers @loka_shemanth