When I add “Wait For Document Validation Action And Resume” inside Process.xaml flow after “Create Document Validation Action” task (inside Process.xaml), I am getting the below error even after having the package - UiPath.Persistence.Activities and enabling the “Support Persistence” option under Project Settings → General.
Invoke Process workflow: An extension of type ‘UiPath.Activities.Contracts.Persistence.IPersistenceBookmarks’ must be configured in order to run this workflow.
Could some Please suggest me to get rid of this (I am using REF)?
Wait tasks should always be added in the main.xaml or the entry point workflow and not the sub workflows…please change the same
I have created task inside process.xaml.
- Then what is right place to use the wait task?
- If I use it outside process.xaml file, then I need to get the required field valeus for wait task from process.xaml file?
in Main.xaml after the invoke process.xaml you can
yeah thank you… that is what I thought of…
But two things here
If I keep it in between the process.xaml file and set transaction status, then queue status wont be updated until the task is approved in Action center.
If I keep it in the Finally of the Set Transaction status Try catch menthod, then I think
- it handles both like set transaction, and also
- Catches any exceptions in Set Transaction status Try catch for Set Transaction status Try
- Then, finally resumes once the task approved in Action Center.
Does this look good?
Yes you can update after set transaction status as well depending on the need…
both places would work
Then just ensure that you need to trigger action center task only if there are no excption
- Do we really get any exceptions in Set transaction status? are they any such scenarios?
Also very curious, any specific reason why wait wont work inside a process flow except in Main?
- When I say exception when process.xaml fails it might go into exception and in that case we need not send the document I feel…unless specifically needed
- Set transaction even if it fails as there would be a try catch around it…may be communication with orch might be lost for a second or so
- As per the basic requirements…any persitant tasks are to be sued only in the main or entry point workflow
If there are no further queries on this topic feel free to close it
This is a limitation in what is called ‘bookmarking’.
When the workflow suspends it creates what is called a bookmark which serializes all the data currently held in memory (for example the values of all the loaded variables) and uploads that to the Orchestrator. Bookmarks can only be made on the ‘root’ workflow, otherwise known as the entry point, this is typically the Main.xaml
I think its a limitation from Microsoft on the framework UiPath is based on.
This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.