Error while opening a folder

Hi,
i’m trying to open a folder i used open application activity clicked on the folder. but getting an error like ui element not found.

@amala443

May i know what you want to do after opening folder ?

i want some folders or files to copy or paste.

Hi @amala443

You can follow the below steps to use open application activity to open any application in the computer.

1. First, open the activity you want to add to the workflow open application activity.
  2. In the open application activity, click on indicate on screen, then indicate the window of the application you opened. It will automatically get the properties of the application and locate the exe file of it.
    Or

Use Start Process you can open the folder as same.

Regards,
Kommi Jeevan

@amala443

You can use Move File or Copy File activities to do this.

arrFiles [] = Directory.GetFiles("FolderPath")

It will get all files from specified folder and then use those activities to do that.

yeah i tried with open application… I’m getting error with that activity

I want copy the files from cloud server and paste in the local server

I used start process… it opened thank you so much

Fine
Is there any possibility like can we sync the at cloud server folder in our local system
And once after syncing them up we can use this sequence of activities
—use a ASSIGN activity like this
arr_files = Directory.GetFiles(“yourfolderpath”)
Where arr_files is a variable of type array of string

—now use a FOR EACh activity where mention the input as arr_files and change the type argument as string in the property panel
—inside the loop use a MOVE FILE activity where mention the Path property as item.ToString and in the destination property mention the folder path where we want to move those files

Kindly try this and let know for any queries or clarification
Cheers @amala443

NO… we can’t do like that… because the cloud server is different… if we give path we will get error like device is not ready…

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.