Error when using the an if statement condition in For each row in data item

I was using this “age>25 AND salary>1000” statement in If condition, but I am getting this error,

Error ERROR Validation Error Compiler error(s) encountered processing expression “age>25 AND salary>1000”.
Option Strict On disallows implicit conversions from ‘String’ to ‘Double’.
Option Strict On disallows implicit conversions from ‘String’ to ‘Double’. Main.xaml

Can somebody explain me why this error occurs.

Hello @Lokesh_Raj_R_M ,

You should try this:
Convert.ToDouble(VariableAge) > 25 and Convert.ToDouble(VariableSalary) > 1000

I hope it helps.

Vasile.

1 Like

Hi Vasile ,

Thanks, but it is not working, let me know if any other method is available.

Lokesh.

Can you post a screenshot with your flow?

Hi @Lokesh_Raj_R_M ,

Is your age and salary is having empty values at some place?

If so then use one more if above as if Not(String.IsNullOrEmpty(age) and Not(String.IsNullOrEmpty(salary) )

Hi @Lokesh_Raj_R_M

Welcome to uipath community

try with this expression in IF condition

IF(NOT String.IsNullOrEmpty(age.ToString.Trim),Convert.ToDouble(age.ToString.Trim)>25, False) AND IF(NOT String.IsNullOrEmpty(age.ToString.Trim),Convert.ToDouble(salary.ToString.Trim)>1000, False)

mention it like this

Cheers

Hi Palaniyappan,

Thank you, but it is throwing me an error attached below

If possible can see what is mentioned in GET ROWITEM ACTIVITY, May be a screenshot
@Lokesh_Raj_R_M

Hi Palaniyappan,
Here is the Screenshot, since I am learning Uipath, I’m not able to figure out the exact issue.

I believe we were discussing about the issue with IF condition and this is something new to discuss

Fine may I know what we are trying to get from get row item activity

@Lokesh_Raj_R_M

Hi Palaniyappan,
Thanks for your help, I found out the issue, I didn’t mention the variable age and salary as int32, which caused me this issue. Now it worked out.

Cheers

1 Like

Perfect @Lokesh_Raj_R_M