Error when running Python script on Uipath

Hey guys,

I am trying to set a process automation up in Uipath which at one step calls a Python script. Since the Python script saves a file which is the goal, I do not need any output variable inside Uipath.

I call the Python script by creating a Python Scope in which I run the “Run Python Script” module. Though when running this process, I get the error:
Message: There was an error writing to the pipe: Unregonized error 323 (0xe8)
Exception Type System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException

I found multiple of similar problems in this forum but none of which solved the problem for me. I am using Python 3.6 x64 and the directories are correct. I also tried double backslashes in my directory but this didn’t help either.

I have a small test script that simulates the true script very well. I have it beneath in case this should have any interest.
############################################
def testing():
import os
import pandas as pd

os.chdir(r"C:\Users\UUAZSRJ\Desktop")
file = pd.read_excel("test.xlsx")
A = file.sum(axis = 0)

A.to_csv("testing2.csv")

testing()
############################################

I hope any of you got any tips!

Hi

os.chdir(r"C:\Users\UUAZSRJ\Desktop")

Why you place r? Actually it should be the path rite? correct me if iam wrong

Thanks

Everything that comes in quotient marks after “r” will be read as it is written. Python will read everything that begins with a backslash, for instance \U and \D as special characters, if “r” is not present. But inserting the “r” will make Python read the whole string as one string. :slight_smile: