Error when get the end date from excel

@indra may i knw what is this error? Problem click image?

@jiejie Please Check with click image activity

@indra

@jiejie Can you attach your workflow and specify what you are trying to achieve from the above screen shot I think error is not from the selectors

@indra 04 005 006 07
08 09 1

My workflow as about. I try to get the date from excel file and i press submit button. After i submit, the report file will download. Then i will move the download file to c file. And i want to click This Pc to open the c file.

@jiejie For moving file instead of click you can use move file activity know
Refer this for moving files.

@indra i knw . even after i move file, i also need to click “This PC” , because i need to rename report name, but cannot click into “This PC”

@jiejie Have you tried with click image activity

@indra yes , i try and it work if only like this.

For opening ‘This PC’ you can also use Send Hotkeys activity. Use Win + E

Or to directly go to a path in C folder, you can use Win + R with Send Hotkeys activity, which will open the run command, where you can paste the folder name and hit enter

Was wondering… you need not open the folder location to open the excel file. You can directly use the Excel application scope activity.

Also you can use the Copy File activities to ‘move and rename’ the file at the same time.
Like,
Source : "C:\Users\Username\Downloads\YourOldFileName.xlsx"
Destination : "C:\MyFolder\YourNewFileName.xlsx"

These may ease your life, if at all you struggling with UI

Refer this :
https://activities.uipath.com/docs/copy-file

@kaderms even i use send hotkey “Win +E” , it also show the same error

and i use second way as u said

it also show me same error:

@kaderms and if i directly use Excel Application Scope, and i try to click the image in excel file, it also show me this error:

I am not sure what are the steps you are following and where you face the issue.
Can you please list down the steps that you are trying to do and at which step you face the issue? Looking at a portion of your workflow doesn’t give the complete picture.
If possible please share your workflow file with the necessary steps too.

Recommended - Please start a new thread as this thread was created for a different issue

@kaderms This is my workflow.

After i move downloaded file to c file, i want to open pc, but it show this error to me.

Thanks.

I see that you have used a lot of recording here. I am not able to see the images when you share it across to me. But as far as I could interpret, here is a suggestion
You have recorded every step using a basic recorder, which does not provide a window scope where in your activities can be executed. Sometimes this becomes an issue when you are trying to use hotkeys.
Your windows click activities, excel scope, etc are also contained within the open browser activity, which might cause issues.

The easiest way to streamline this is to record the flow again with the proper recorders.
Please use Web Recording for browsers and Desktop Recording for windows activities.
You can also add hotkeys while recording itself.

Hope this helps

1 Like

@kaderms

How to desktop recording type into without indicate any screen. Just want type into because i want to rename file name. When i run this program, it only stop to send hotkey f2, didnt rename the file using type into activity.

@jiejie

You can use the below activities to perform actions on files.

For renaming you can use Move File activity
From old file name (with full path)
To new file name (with full path)

https://activities.uipath.com/docs/move-file

@kaderms my new file name will always have different file name which follow the variable .

and i get this error when i run.

My destination path is this one : “c:\Timesheet\TimesheetReport1” + valstart.ToString + valEnd.ToString + ".xlsm " valstart and valend is the date will change everytime.

Continue this discussion about rename in the below thread. And pls close the current thread with the solution for your problem.