Error when changing the credential (username) in asset Uipath

Hello!

I have a robot working on prod environment, it had to connect to one site via asset credentials (username and password).
Well, first, I had to change the password, because the owner had changed it. The robot was working… Yestarday the owner also changed the username; I did the same think in asset; but I have issues; the new username is not seen; I’ve created a new asset in the same folder, I’ve added on my process, i’ve also created 2 new variables in my invoked sequences in order to not use the old one; nothing works. could someone help me and explain me why the new username is not taken? The type of data is “string” for the username, not SecureString (as for password).
NB: I’ve manually tested the new username and the connection to the site works well.

Thank you for your help!

Regards!

Ruxandra

@Ruxandra_Zamfir First thing when you changed password it was working but when you changed username then you had need to place password again.
After you created new asset its not picking new username from asset then you need to check your code and config maybe its still accessing old asset.

In fact, now, using the new asset, it does not take anything, neither the old user, nor the new user; I debugged the file, and when connecting to the site, the new user is not written; I’ve checked the process and it seems ok.
Thank you for your help!

Regards!
Ruxandra

@Ruxandra_Zamfir
Please check new asset is global ?

It is ok now, it was a problem of properties for "Get credentials’ activity. I’ve added the username and password variable again in the properties and it works. Thank you!
Regards!

Ruxandra

1 Like

@Ruxandra_Zamfir close this thread please by marking solution

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.