Error using ‘Query Entity Records’ from Data Service

Hello community,

I’m facing a strange error while using the activity ‘Query Entity Records’.
When I try to set the Query, I get the error message:
a

I’m able to retrieve all the records (without query) and also use the other activities to delete/add records.
I tried to use different Entities (empty, with data, with more or less fields) and nothing seems to be working.

I appreciate your support.

1 Like

Hi @gil.silva,

Kindly post the screenshot of the query you were using.

That will help resolve the issue.

Awaiting your response

Thank :+1:

Hello,

The error occurs before I even set the query, when I click in the button highlighted below:

And after a few exceptions is crashing/terminating Studio…

1 Like

Are you using the latest version of studio please…

Yes, I am.
Studio 2020.10.2-beta.4 Enterprise License

1 Like

Also make sure you use latest version of other basic activities as well.

Restart UiPath Studio once & try in a new project may be.

Are you able to repro this issue in Studio 2020.10.0?

1 Like

I’m using 20.10.1, where I can see no issues !

Can you please expand the details and copy/paste the details here?

Please make sure you have the latest entities imported by “Manage Entities”.

Sure:

Error: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: The constructor to deserialize an object of type 'Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException' was not found. ---> System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: The constructor to deserialize an object of type 'Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException' was not found.
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.GetConstructor(RuntimeType t)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.CompleteISerializableObject(Object obj, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.CompleteISerializableObject(Object obj, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.FixupSpecialObject(ObjectHolder holder)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.DoFixups()
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.CrossAppDomainSerializer.DeserializeObject(MemoryStream stm)
   at System.AppDomain.Deserialize(Byte[] blob)
   at System.AppDomain.UnmarshalObject(Byte[] blob)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.CallWindowProc(IntPtr wndProc, IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(Object booleanBox)
   at System.Windows.Window.Show()
   at System.Windows.Window.ShowDialog()
   at UiPath.Studio.Shell.ShellApplication.StudioShellApplication.<HandleRunApplication>d__16.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at UiPath.Studio.Core.StudioApplication.StudioApplication.<PostLicenseInitAsync>d__25.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at UiPath.Studio.Shell.ShellApplication.StudioShellApplication.<HandleAquireLicense>d__15.MoveNext()
   at UiPath.Studio.Shell.ShellApplication.StudioShellApplication.<OnTempWindowLoaded>d__14.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler), HResult -2146233076

Yes, I have.
I will test now in a different Studio version and/or with a different Automation Cloud/Data Service account

That error stack and random crashing seems to indicate that maybe your Studio installation was corrupted. I will suggest uninstalling Studio and reinstalling it as well. (Or maybe try on a different machine)

I have observed the auto-update some time getting corrupted if I close Studio too early when it is updating and hasn’t downloaded all files.

2 Likes

Hello,

Reinstalling Studio didn’t help, but it works fine on another machine (same Studio version, same Orchestrator, same project).
Perhaps the uninstallation kept some Uipath registries.

Glad to know that it is happening only on one machine, so the issue is limited to that machine only.

You can clean up the following folders if you want to try -

• %localappdata%\UiPath
  • %appdata%\UiPath
  • %homepath%\.nuget

@Gil_Silva - Wanted to provide you an update on the issue you had faced. We debugged it further and it seems we have a bug where Data Service activities crash/misbehave when telemetry is disabled in Studio from Settings page for Enterprise customers.

This is indeed a bug and we are working on fixes both in Studio and Data Service activities to release patches for them. Thanks for reporting this issue, I will repost here when we have a fix available. For now the only workaround it to re-enable telemetry (till we have a fix).

Hi Folks, Wanted to update everyone that we have released 20.10.1 version of Data Service activities package which fixes this issue.

Please update your activities to version 20.10.1 if you are still facing this issue.

2 Likes

That’s really impressive!!
Great work, I’m truly impressed to see how you (UiPath) dealt with this situation!

To be honest, in the last 2 years I was mainly automating processes using the RPA tool from one of your main competitors and this would never be possible there. They have some major issues for several years and it seems no one cares…

Once again, great work UiPath!
That’s the way to go!

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words @Gil_Silva!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.