Error trying to connect Orchestrator Server on one VM to Robot on another VM

Hello, I have been at this for some days now and have just had no luck. I have 2 Virtual Machines set up with Orchestrator Server (NOT cloud) set up on one and the other has Studio / Robot installed. The error that I typically get is:

(My apologies for all the text, I had this whole thread laid out with pictures for each step, only to find out upon trying to post that I can only put 1 image in.)

If you want to see the process I have followed, it looks like this:

I got the trial version of Enterprise Studio

I then set up a SSL Certificate through IIS

I then download UiPath Orchestrator from the Platform installer and associate the new certificate with it in the download

Then from Certificate Manager I export the certificate

I move the newly exported Certificate to the Robot VM where I import it by right-clicking the file and installing it:

Within Install PFX I set it to import the certificate to Trusted Root Certification:

I install Robot and Studio on the Robot VM now that it has the Orchestrator VM’s SSL applied:

I create the machine and the robot on Orchestrator. (I have tried Studio and Unattended types of robots and both give the same error. I am 99.999% positive that I have the right information for the robot on Orchestrator as far as the Domain/Username, Machine name, etc.)

I get the machine key from Orchestrator and send it to the Robot VM where I try to connect. For the host name, I use the following format: https://(IP Address of the Orchestrator Machine/Name I type in to get to Orchestrator on the Orchestrator VM) I have tried other variations of this with no luck.

But in the end when I try to connect, I pretty much always get the same error from the top of the post:

The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

RemoteException wrapping System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
at System.Net.TlsStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.PooledStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeadersCallback(IAsyncResult ar)

I have looked through a number of forum posts and tried their solutions, but none have gotten me past this error. This error unfortunately seems to be a very general error and doesn’t really give me much insight into what is going wrong. I have tried things like opening port 443 on both VMs, I have been restarting the machines after the certificate installs, I’ve tried adjusting the bindings. I am willing to look at any suggestion someone has, though.

Has anyone encountered and gotten around this problem? Can anyone provide some helpful suggestion? I appreciate your time looking at his thread.

Hi, is this issue resolve? I facing the same issue as you.