Error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Getting the Error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. while publishing packages to orchestrator.

Uipath version :Studio 2019.11.0-beta.2 - 11/18/2019,Community Edition

The project is working fine from studio.

Please help!

Check this post

Hope this helps

Thanks

@Srini84
The issue is different. My project has no validation error and its running properly from studio.
Only facing the above error while trying to publish it to orchestrator

Ok @sup_93

As you are using the beta version of the Uipath studio, we can expect this kind of errors, so you better check with a stable version studio might it helps

Thanks

I am using the stable version but still the issue persist.

Ok, then create a new Re-framework project, Place a small logic and try to publish

If it is published successfully then there was a problem in the workflow itself.

Because the error is clearly saying that some null values are passing to foreach that the reason the error is

By any chance can you share the workflow? so that i can check, If it is not possible then try to test in debug mode, so that you can find the error

Thanks

I’m facing exactly the same issue. I can publish other processes to the Orchestrator without any issue and the workflow that I’m trying to publich has no validation errors at all.

However, the error message “Object reference not set to an instance of an object.” keeps appearing every time.

Any update regaridng this topic?

We are running into the same issue here as well.
When downloading the package from orchestrator, opening it in studio and re-uploading it without changing anything, this error will also occur.
Hope somebody can dive into this @loginerror ?
If we found some solution i will update you guys here as well.

Hi @MickeyFireMouse

Could you check our Forum banner and see if restarting your Robot service helps to remedy this issue?

Restarting the robot service did not solve the issue.

1 Like

Could you maybe post the full error stack (copy to clipboard option) together with your full Studio version?

Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
–CODE REMOVED–

Studio version:2019.10.3

Does the issue happen only to one particular project?

I dug around a bit. Any chance your project has a file that has %20 in the filename?

11 Likes

Yep, found the problem. The documentation of the Re-frame is the error.

If you are using the re-frame setup. Go into folder Documentation. You will see the file REFramework%20documentation.pdf

Delete this folder or file and it should upload again.

Strange new update @loginerror but great support and fast solving of the issue. I would have never thought of this one.

@sup_93 @Marina_Ballester Did this work for you as well?

11 Likes

Thanks. It really helps to always get the full error stack (I can then search our internal list of cases).

This bug is already on the menu of our team and will be fixed for future versions.

1 Like

Just for my knowledge. How does this work and where lies the error?
We have never noticed it before, so it must happen when downloading packages from orchestrator. Does this mean its an orchestrator issue?

The issue is that publishing process escapes spaces as %20, but if you already have %20 in the filename instead of space, it can’t handle it :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks a lot! It worked for me as well.

1 Like

Thanks man. this helped.

Just to update on the issue - it was deemed as “no fix” due to the fact that unzipping your project files is an unsupported scenario. Packaged project’s only purpose is to be a run file.

This is now also reflected in our documentation:

3 Likes