Error: Send Outlook Mail Message timed out

Hi guys,

I am testing action center with a simple workflow that sends an email at the end of the process. When running the workflow via UiPath Studio it runs successfully. Although, when running via Orchestrator, it sends the following error message:

The operation has timed out.

RemoteException wrapping System.TimeoutException: The operation has timed out.
at UiPath.Mail.Activities.SendMailActivity.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

I think you should check if on PC on which you launching the process is open port for sending emails (default for o365 is 25)

@Maria_Carlao

You mean getting error when running in Unattended mode ? If yes I guess Outlook is not opened that time because of that it is getting failed.

Please make sure Outlook application is installed and in Available while running the process.

Hi @lakshman and @pikorpa
Thanks for your answers :slight_smile:

To answer your question, @lakshman, yes, I’m running in Unattended mode.

When running other processes on the same environment and the same machine, the activity Send Outlook Mail Message works fine. The problem is in this workflow :confused:

Can you please check if outlook is perfectly on that system or not ?

@Maria_Carlao

It’s weird. Can you put Send Outlook Mail Message activity inside Retry Scope activity and mention retry number as 3.

1 Like

@Maria_Carlao

Check below post for your reference

Hope this may help you

Thanks

2 Likes

Hello @Maria_Carlao

have you tried to record the process? Turn on Enable recording in the process settings (Prchestrator). This way you’ll know the issue. Usually it’s due to Outlook not opening properly. I’ve resolved this kind of issue by opening Outlook app first and then sending a message.

To be honest Outlook app is generally not a recommended way to manipulate emails. It’s not stable usually and generates a lot of issues. Do you have a possibility to use Office365 API? Azure App Registration would be needed.

Best,

Artur

1 Like

Send SMTP Email is much simpler and more reliable, and doesn’t require Outlook to be open nor even installed. Just a suggestion.

1 Like

it is :confused:

It shows the same error :frowning: