ERROR: robot do not match with installed version

Hello,

Today I downloaded the Community Edition again and now I can’t open my recent Projects.
I always get the ERROR
“The installed versions of Studio and Robot do not match. Please restart your machine and try again.”
And the restart doesn’t help anything.

1 Like

hope this thread would help you on this

CHeers @Loons

1 Like

But where do I find this checkbox?

Okay, I found the checkbox. But I saw that I already ticked the stable version…So this couldn’t be the problem.

fine kindly restart your machine and try once
Cheers @Loons

Did it several times. But it still doesn’t work…

1 Like

Hi Loons,
Click “Open Logs” in the error message to open UiPath Application Folder.
Then, run new version of UiPath, below .exe file:
C:\Users[YourWindowsAccount]\AppData\Local\UiPath\UiPath.Studio.exe

Stop UiPath Robot Service
Start UiPath Studio
Start UiPath Robot Service
Better then a Reeboot
Tested on Verion 2019.11.0.Beta2

5 Likes

Followed as suggested by this post

1. Go to Windows services: Win + R
  2. Type “services.msc”
  3. Find “UiPath Robot” and restart

Hi! the above steps are done! yet facing the same issue! I currently have 2019.10.2 version. Any solution pls?

1 Like

Hi @PavithraSundaram if you can open your recently installed community. Create a new project and import your workflow into the newly created project

cheers :smiley:

Happy learning :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks @Pattryricate! But im still not able to open the UIpath studio! I tried opening recently worked file from file explorer. still the same error msg pops up!

1 Like

Can you unistall the community edition and try to install again.Thanks @PavithraSundaram

cheers :smiley:

Happy learning :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi, did you solve the issue with @pattyricarte help? Sometimes I had solved related errors by deleting “settings.json” file (in your project’s folder) in order to force UIPath to re-generate the proper workaround.

I also suggest you, in the 3rd step I wrote, to STOP the service, reboot and START it again.

Regards

1 Like

Hi @pattyricarte, I reinstalled the community edition and works fine now. I had 10.1 version and that had no issue. the 2019.10.2 has this issue.

thanks for extending your help! :slight_smile: Much appreciated!

Go to path (C:\Users[YourWindowsAccount]\AppData\Local\UiPath) and click the older version, it’s works to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Go to Task Manager and Kill UiPath.Service.UserHost, to resolve this issue with out restart

8 Likes

you get this error when you have installed two different version of an Ui Path studio.

This happen to me after I uninstall the beta version this problem got solved.

2 Likes

its working, go to task manager, kill two tasks regarding ui robot. that’t it.

Be Happy
Narasimha

2 Likes

Selvakumar, THANK YOU your solution worked for me. I had the same issue so I went to Task Manager and saw 2 instances of UiPath running so I killed one of them and it worked. Thanks again!