Error Reading Cell: Index was out of range

Is the sheet name correct? Is there any extra spaces?

Please check your input excel file contains value in k16 cell or not . Seems like you are trying to read data which doesn’t exist.

Thank you for your responses but I double checked that the sheetname is correct and that also there is information in the cell.

Some of my mates have had the same issue and have not found a solution yet.

1 Like

Can you try Excel application scope with Excel read cell instead of workbook read cell?

I already tried with Excel App Scope and actually it works, but the reason that I am using the other one is that when I use Read cell from Excel App scope, in some files shows up a window asking for update links for the content.

I tried to hide this window changing some configurations but I’ve been unsuccesfully so far.

1 Like

Usually when you get an “Index was out of range” error it means that you have some list, array, or datatable which you are trying to use an index that is bigger than the items in the list. The error might not be coming from the Read Cell, but another activity where you use a list or datatable. But, I could be wrong.

1 Like

Yeah, I thought the same, but I think in this case it can not be possible because Im doing unitary tests, I mean I only have this activity in a test sequence. :frowning:

I see it does say Source: Read cell.
Workbook activities do have issues sometimes, like if the file is opened they can’t be used at all, which is why I use Excel Scopes (possibly with “Visible” unchecked) to read data. I wonder if the Workbook Read Cell is not seeing any data in column K, so when you try to Read the cell, it can only see in specific columns which it sees data in.

1 Like

Yeah I tried checking and unchecking the different parameters
Why should this happen? Why should uipath be available to see just some sort of columns? Anyway i didn’t find a solution yet, I had to implement a workaround using clicks and hotkeys :sleepy:

1 Like

It’s definitely bug in read range workbook activity. Because it’s using parsing xml documents under the hood. Probably your excel files contain some problems. I think you have to fill the bug to Uipath. And use read range excel scope activity instead of. You can suppress update links message in excel.

1 Like

Can we have that excel file?

I encountered this when I convert .XLS file to .XLSX.

Hi @Emman_Pelayo

Could you prepare a sample project with a sample Excel that reproduces the issue? Also, please let us know the Studio version and the Excel activity package version.

Hi @loginerror

I am facing a similar issue as @davidquezada.
Details
Studio version: 2018.4.3
UiPath.Excel.Activities: 2.4.6884.25683
Activity used: UiPathExcel.Activities.ReadColumn
Error message: Index was outside the bounds of the array

As my account is new, I do not have the right to upload files. Would really appreciate your help if I could get in touch with you via other channels so that i can send you test file.

Thanks,
MJ

Hi @mingjun.tan

Welcome to our UiPath Forum :slight_smile:

You can easily get the permission to post an image by reaching Trust Level 1 (it really only takes a small moment):

The best way would be if you could provide a sample project that reproduces the issue. Just create a new project, add minimum amount of activities that will cause this error and then zip the entire project and attach it here. If you will still struggle with Forum permissions, just use one of the file storage sites to generate a link (Google Drive, etc). :slight_smile:

@loginerror
Thanks a bunch! I have attached a new project (1 activity only), along with the offending excel sheet in the following link:

Really appreciate your prompt response haha

1 Like

Thanks.

It would seem like this is a workaround:
image
(basically using the Excel Application Scope instead of the Workbook activities.

I will submit it as a bug for our team to have a look. It would seem that workbook activity does not handle complicated Excels.

Thanks! Looking forward to the team’s reply then. Have to decide if I have to change all related workbook activities then. Thanks once again!

Unfortunately, it might be faster if you do the change given that the bug needs to go through the entire process of being prioritized and scheduled for fixing.

If you happen to be an Enterprise customer, you can always contact us via the Technical Support form to try and increase its priority a bit.

A post was split to a new topic: Outlook - cannot access inbox due to Turkish langauge