Error: Publish of workflow project to Orchestrator failed. The operation timed out

I downloaded a solution project here: solution Client Security Hash

opened Main.xaml in Studio and tried to publish but get the error. I copied the error log to clipboard and pasted below:

19.4.2+Branch.master.Sha.e17a3bedca2a7da0d0b716b5f8f765d1d5ef1ddc

Error: Publish of workflow project to Orchestrator failed. The operation has timed out.

Error: System.ApplicationException: Publish of workflow project to Orchestrator failed. The operation has timed out. ---> System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[System.ServiceModel.ExceptionDetail]: The operation has timed out.

Server stack trace: 
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at UiPath.Models.IUiPathRemoteDuplexContract.PublishPackage(String feedUrl, String packFilePath, Int32 timeoutSeconds)
   at UiPath.Models.UiPathDuplexProxy.PublishPackage(String feedUrl, String packagePath, Int32 timeoutSeconds)
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Project.BaseWorkflowProjectFactory.PublishToOrchestrator(String feedUrl, Int32 timeout, String packFilePath)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Project.BaseWorkflowProjectFactory.PublishToOrchestrator(String feedUrl, Int32 timeout, String packFilePath)
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Project.BaseWorkflowProjectFactory.<>c__DisplayClass44_0.<PublishPackageAsync>b__0()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Project.BaseWorkflowProjectFactory.<PublishPackageAsync>d__44.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Project.BaseWorkflowProjectFactory.<InternalPublish>d__40.MoveNext(), HResult -2146232832

My Orchestrator is connected:

I saw a workaround in the forums of uploading the package directly to Orchestra but the folder in ProgramData\UiPath\Packages was empty.

I had this project in my external hard drive so copied to the main drive but get the same error. I am on CE.
What are some possible solutions?

Update: When I clicked Run, it actually open the acme page and logged in and then execution was cancelled. It used the robot and Orchestrator although I never published the Workflow to Orchestrator.

Update: On another Run, it actually got as far as the Work Items page and clicked to page 3 before I get this:

Please inform me on some possibilities as to what is happening and how I can correct it.

Hi @nyck33

Please try this solution here: Execution has been cancelled - #23 by loginerror

It seems like it will help.

1 Like

@loginerror It worked!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.