Error: Publish of Process project to Orchestrator failed. Project type has changed since the latest published version (was Process, now is BusinessProcess). Revert the project type or publish a new project

Hi all,

I’m getting the following error trying to publish an updated version of a project. I haven’t changed any settings and indeed cannot find this setting in the project file. How can I resolve this?

Error: Publish of Process project to Orchestrator failed. Project type has changed since the latest published version (was Process, now is BusinessProcess). Revert the project type or publish a new project.

Thank!

@TJ_automates Have you referred this Post

Unfortunately that post is of no help - I am not changing the project name and the existing process is not inactive.

Deactivating the existing process has not helped either - I still cannot publish

Faced error while trying to publish a process to Orchestrator "Project type has changed since the latest published version (was Undefined, now is Process). Revert the project type or publish a new project "

Possible cause of the issue: ProjectType value from the [dbo].[PackageMetadata] table is causing the problem. When you publish any project from the 2018.4 version of the UiPath Studio, it gets published with ProjectType as 0 which means Undefined.

As a permanent fix, you should make sure that the robots and Orchestrator are on the same version. Hence, please consider upgrading the robot to match the version of the Orchestrator.

For the failed packages with the error “Project type has changed since the latest published version (was Undefined, now is Process). Revert the project type or publish a new project.” you can check these approaches:

Approach #1 the easiest way is by opening the failed process in UiPath Studio → renaming the project and publishing it to your Orchestrator tenant

A not elegant way to achieve the same is by downloading and installing the NuGet Package Explorer from the Microsoft Apps

Steps:

1. Access the On-Premise Orchestrator → Tenant → Packages → find the not migrated package process → Version → Download package

1. Open the downloaded nupkg file with NuGet Package Explorer and access Edit Metadata Source

1. Modify the value for and . Make sure that Title and Id have the same value and it is unique in your Orchestrator. Then Save the changes.

1. Save the whole changes from File → Save As → Save.

1. Access the On-Premise Orchestrator → Tenant → Packages → Upload → Browse the .nupkg file → Upload it

2. You can add the process to your desired folder

Approach #2: Access your Orchestrator database server

Update the ProjectType value to 0 for the impacted processes in the [dbo].[PackageMetadata] table

Example (adapt it based on your package Identifier and versions as you have in the [dbo].PackageMetadata] table):

UPDATE [uipath].[dbo].[PackageMetadata] 
  SET [ProjectType]=0
  WHERE [Identifier] = 'YOUR_PROCESS_NAME' AND ([Version] = '1.0.9' OR  [Version] = '1.0.7')

Not sure what Studio is doing here and why. I was on Studio 22.10.4 and updated to 23.4.3. Had to update a bunch of things (Like imports missing). I go to publish the project after making all my changes and I get this insane error. I changed nothing regarding Project Type. I have no idea how to do that and don’t care so long as the code runs. Renaming the project isn’t an option as everything is source controlled in GIT so there will be no history. What did Studio do and how to revert it?
This is totally unacceptable to have something change (nothing I did) and prevents me from publishing.

In one case we were able to delete the project.json, open the main.xaml which recreates the Project file. Then had to update all the packages. Then the publish worked.
In another case, that was not successful so had to move the source code, create a new Project with a modified name, copy all code, folders, etc. and it was able to publish with no errors. The push to GIT was OK since it was in a GIT controlled folder already. Ugly, but it worked. Not sure why a new Studio version would change the default project type but if so, give us a way to change it without going to the Orchestrator DB. You don’t want many people to have access to that and I don’t so wasn’t an option to look into.