Why is the error "No value given for one or more required parameters" thrown while reading columns above 255 in an Excel file with UiPath Database activities using "Microsoft Access Database file" as the Data source?
Issue Description: Excel files can be accessed as a Database using UiPath Database activities. When using 'Microsoft Access Database File' as a data source, columns up to 255 can be retrieved. If an attempt is made to retrieve any column above 255, execution fails with the error "No value given for one or more required parameters"
Root Cause: The above issue is due to the limitation of 255 columns per table when Microsoft Access is used to link to an external table. When Microsoft Access is used to link to an external table that has more than 255 columns, it will retrieve the first 255 columns only. When an attempt is made to retrieve any column beyond the first 255 columns, the error "No value given for one or more required parameters" is thrown.
Resolution: Microsoft ODBC Data source can be used as the data source and Microsoft Excel driver can be used as the Machine Data Source. Steps for the same are outlined below,
- For the 'Connect Database' activity, click on 'Configure Connection'
- Connection Wizard
- Select Data Source as "Microsoft ODBC Data Source"
- Select 'Use Connection String' and click on 'Build
- Click on 'Machine Data Source'
- Click on 'New'
- Select 'User data source' and click on 'Next'
- Select 'Microsoft Excel Driver (.xls) and click on Next and then 'Finish'.
- Provide a name for the Data source and click on 'Select Workbook'
- Select the excel file and click 'Ok'. Click 'OK' for all the preceding windows