Error Messages not displaying

@Palaniyappan kindly reply on this issue

1 Like

@balkishan Choose Start File Without Debugging and run

1 Like

But I want to debug the process bro. If I select Start File Without Debugging it will run in a Normal mode only.

@balkishan If you want to display error message than you can go with Start File Without Debugging

1 Like

Thanks for the response @indra
can you plz tell me what is the diff between these option.

HI @balkishan

Sorry for the late response…

• Start without debugging
    it will run the project from the very begining without the debug mode. This is equivalent to the RUN option we had earlier. However, I heard some news from couple of people saying that this doesn’t really work in that way. Based on what they said, it runs in the debug mode and stops in break points etc. I’m not sure as I really haven’t gone into testing it…

• Start File
    Runs only the file you are currently seeing in your screen in Debug mode

• Start file without debugging

• Runs the current file you are seeing in the screen without the debug mode… However, if you have any invoke workflows in the current file, those will also get executed in the same approach…

2 Likes

@balkishan

Start Without Debugging Will run entire your project ie from the main file.

Start File Will debug currently active tab xaml file.

Start File Without Debugging Will run currently active tab xaml file.

1 Like

@indra @Lahiru.Fernando My main concern is I am not getting any Error popup while running in debug mode, As we had this option earlier.
But this option is not working,means when I run by pressing the f6 it’s running the current xaml file in debug mode, but not throwing any exception on the error activity, it’s just stopped and male the header color Red.

No problem @Lahiru.Fernando. Thanks for you response.

Yeah… happens to me as well… That’s something that took place after the update to the latest version… It highlights in red, but doesn’t show the error in that pop up message we got…

I think there is something wrong with the Studio there as I have also heard many complains around it

2 Likes

@balkishan

The area marked in red is where you can see the error once you are in debug mode the Locals window gets activated and any issue with the current activity will be shown here. Including the in/out variable at runtime. In the Exception area click on the magnifier to see the error.

2 Likes

ooh, so they removed that Message popup option.

1 Like

yes in debug mode it has been removed.

2 Likes

Yes bro, I think the message popup option is no longer.

1 Like

But in debug mode that option is required.

I didn’t see the option where e can see the Edit variable value?
@Lahiru.Fernando

You can check the full error once you click on that.

1 Like

Okay

In the Test Activity, I am unable to see where we can see the Edit Variable value. ?

@Lahiru.Fernando

How to enable this in Editable Mode.

Hey @balkishan

Type in the new value here

2 Likes