Error message: 'Permission missing: Launcher' - any ideas?

Scenario:

Steps to reproduce:

Current Behavior:

Expected Behavior:

Studio/Robot/Orchestrator Version:

Last stable behavior:
Last stable version:
OS Version:
Others if Relevant: (workflow, logs, .net version, service pack, etc):

2 Likes

Hi ,
Could you be the more specific where your getting this error .
Screenshot would be much appreciated .

1 Like

I am new to this and basically installed and tried to build a simple open browser robot

hit save and run and then get this

1 Like

Hope you have admin access .
How about reinstall uipath and restart the machine .

2 Likes

why do I need admin access? Iā€™m working with my IT now to see if it is an internal problem

1 Like

@qateam

1 Like

What license do you use ?

You donā€™t have license to use launcher (robot)

1 Like

i downloaded the software from the site community edition, I have a license code etc

1 Like

Iā€™ve got exactly the same problem, launched or not with admin rights, the message ā€œPermission missing; Launcherā€ appears.
Iā€™ve the community edition, and trying the evaluation version (with license), my own script and site samples gives same results.
Do you mean that without this license I cannot use the community edition ?

1 Like

having the same issue while trying to execute a web recorded sequence.
Logs as below:
[ERROR] [UiPath.Workflow.Logging.StudioTraceListener] [21] System.ServiceModel.FaultException: Permission missing: Launcher

Server stack trace:
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object ins, Object outs, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at UiPath.Models.IUiPathRemoteContract.StartJob(Stream jobInfo)
at UiPath.Models.UiPathProxy.StartJob(JobModel job)
at UiPath.Models.UiPathDuplexProxy.StartJob(JobModel job)
at UiPath.Workflow.Execution.WorkflowRunner.StartJob(JobModel job)
at UiPath.Workflow.Execution.WorkflowRunner.Run(String workflowFilePath, String projectName)
at UiPath.Workflow.ViewModels.MainViewModel.RunWorkflow()
at UiPath.Workflow.ViewModels.MainViewModel.<get_RunWorkflowCommand>b__72_0(Object param)
at UiPath.Workflow.RelayCommand.Execute(Object parameter)

1 Like

@Varun_Mathur only on the specified workflow? Or every time you try to execute?

1 Like

Tried with couple of web record sequence and find the same issue.

1 Like

Have you tried what @ddpadil suggested? In my opinion itā€™s related to the admin permissions.
Did it worked before? Does this happen after you installed the latest studio version?

2 Likes

I have admin rights.
Havenā€™t tried restarting the system after installationā€¦is that necessary?
Quick question ,while running web record sequence which uipath package is
requiring proxy authentication and why?

1 Like

I had to remove all traces of UIPath on my machine, once I did think I was able to install again and it worked. No idea what the problem was though

1 Like

This got resolved by reinstalling the trial version again.Seems something related to different versions being installed in my desktop.Thanks for the response guys :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do we need to reinstall software for data conversion errors? Is it a bug or code issue?

1 Like

Whatā€™s the error message ?

1 Like

Error message: ā€˜Permission missing: Launcherā€™
Unable to access excel files, I have administrator account in my laptop but unable to access files from UiPath

1 Like

ā€˜Permission missing: Launcherā€™ error is received in the following scenario:

• robot is connected to orchestrator with user ā€œabcā€
  • on the robot machine you try to start robot (from tray or studio) with user ā€œadminā€

Let me know if you have other questions.

1 Like