Error message Object reference not set to an instance

This is right, here is how your getTransactionData look like -

Argument looks okay

Thanks,
Prankur

1 Like

Hi @PrankurJoshi

Thank you so much for your help!

I am trying to test the init workflow now. I am unsure where I can see that init workflow is succesful?

I also get this error message when starting the init workflow

I dont think it can be tested stand alone also, I can see two versions AutoSaved and Original one, can you please remove AutoSAved version and run you Main.xaml

Thanks,
Prankur

1 Like

Hi! Attempting the Assignment#1 in Level 3 and I am stuck with an error (“GetTransactionData: Object reference not set to an instance of an object” AND “Log message: The given key was not present in the dictionary”) in GetTransaction. I have attached the below files and snap shots from my Output. Could someone please have a look at it and guide me to correct it.
Files:
GetTransaction.xaml
Main.xaml
System1_Extract_Table.xaml

The process is running fine till data extraction (excel file attached where the WI5 and Open items are written), but when it reaches GetTransaction I am getting the above mentioned error. Please help! GetTransactionData.xaml (11.3 KB)
Main.xaml (56.1 KB)
Sequence04_System1_ExtractWI_Table.xaml (10.2 KB)
WIList_Open.xlsx (11.3 KB)

I am now getting the error message as shown in the attached snap shot.
@PrankurJoshi, @nadim.warsi, could you please have a look and guide me?

1 Like

There are 2 things here.

1. Your WIList is empty that y the 1st error message (check if your variable is passed correctly from Extract all the way to GetTransactionData
  2. You have removed the entry below from the config file which is used for logging

Thanks much @nadim.warsi, for your response. I have updated the Config file for the logF_BusinessProcessName and trying out your solution for the data extract issue, now. Will keep you posted.

Hi @nadim.warsi, I tried the steps suggested by you and also attempted the steps provided by you for another query (“Advanced Training assignment 1, issue in GetTransactionData.xaml - #7 by ravisangam”). I am still failing to send the opened items to GetTransaction.xaml. Could you please have a look at the attached main.xaml and guide me.
Also, the config file is attached. Please help! Main.xaml (58.4 KB)
Config.xlsx (19.2 KB)

Hey, are you still having the issue or has it worked?

@nadim.warsi, apologies for the delayed response. I was unable to progress on this much, from past 2 months. Back again now. Started from scratch on this assignment, and now the flow is almost done. Thanks for checking :slight_smile: