Error in BAPI PO Create activity

Hi,
I am new to SAP BAPI and automating some use case over there, in one of my use cases I need to use SAP BAPI PO create activity.
I am facing the below issue while running the activity,

{
“message”: “Execution stopped unexpectedly : \nMessage:Element Column1 of container metadata unknown \nStackTrace: at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcContainerMetadata1.NameToIndex(String elementName)\r\n at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcDataContainer1.SetValue(String name, Object value)\r\n at UiPath.SAP.BAPI.ConnectionService.SapConnectionService.SapConnectionService.SetInputParams(ICollection1 dataTables, IList1 arguments, IRfcFunction function)\r\n at UiPath.SAP.BAPI.ConnectionService.SapConnectionService.SapConnectionService.ExecuteApi(String apiName, ICollection1 dataTables)\r\n at UiPath.SAP.BAPI.Activities.InvokeSapBapi.<>c__DisplayClass26_0.<Execute>b__0(SapBapiTelemetryOperation operation)\r\n at UiPath.SAP.BAPI.Telemetry.TelemetryServiceBase.Operation[T](String operationName, String activityId, Func2 method, String bapiName)\r\n at UiPath.SAP.BAPI.Activities.InvokeSapBapi.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)”,
“level”: “Error”,
“logType”: “Default”,
“timeStamp”: “14:29:13”,
“processVersion”: “1.0.0”,
“jobId”: “b1b5cf1a-f75c-40cf-a404-2a2cae2fa9f6”,
“robotName”: “Test_Bot”,
“machineId”: 3,
“organizationUnitId”: 1,
“fileName”: “Main”
}

Any suggestion on this ?

@Debartha_Mitra_DE

Hello Debartha,
I assume you want to invoke from SAP Purchase Order the BAPI function module BAPI_PO_CREATE or BAPI_PO_CREATE1. Neither BAPI_PO_CREATE nor BAPI_PO_CREATE1 contains a parameter with the name Column1. I assume the name of the parameter is wrong and that could be the reason for this kind of error.
Let us know your results.
Best regards
Stefan

1 Like

yes, I am using BAPI_PO_CREATE1 to create purchase order, right now I am extracting data from excel to generate input for this function module, can you please tell me where can I see the parameter of this module ? I am new in this so I have little knowledge

@Debartha_Mitra_DE

Hello Debartha,
open TAC SE37 and type BAPI_PO_CREATE1 into the FM field.

Press display button and choose Import, Export or Tables tab.

Here you can find any parameter of the function module. With a double click in the Associated Type you can jump forward to the structure or variable definition.

Alternatively you can use the RFMCodeGenerator to get this kind of information.

Best regards
Stefan

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.