"Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component." はどういう時にでるのか?回避策は?

“Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.”
と言うエラーが、割となんにでもでるようになりました。
バージョンアップ後かというとそういうタイミングでもなく、日によって発生したりしなかったり、
Studioから起動すると必ず起きるけど、Orchestratorからだとそこまで出なかったり、など再現性があるわけでもないです。
例えば先週まで問題がなかった「フォーカスを設定」で今出ています。

1.なぜこのエラーがでて、予防策はないのか?
2.なぜアップデートのタイミング以外で問題が発生していくのか?
ご存じの方いらしたら教えていただけますでしょうか?

Hi @jasano

1. “Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component" can happen due to various reasons, such as incorrect configurations, conflicting software, or issues with the specific component being used. To prevent this error, you can try the following:

=>Make sure all dependencies and software prerequisites are correctly installed.
=>Check for any conflicting software that might interfere with UiPath.
=>Verify that the component being used is compatible with the version of UiPath you’re running.
=>Check for updates or patches related to the component or UiPath itself.

2.The occurrence of problems outside of the update timing could be due to several factors, such as changes in the system environment, updates to other software affecting UiPath, or interactions with external resources like Orchestrator. Such intermittent issues can be difficult to pinpoint and reproduce. To troubleshoot further, you may need to analyze system logs, event viewer, and other diagnostic tools to identify any patterns or potential causes of the issue.

Check out this thread. It might help you.

Regards

1 Like

Hi @jasano

Check on this thread

I hope it helps!!

1 Like

Thank you for your prompt reply.
Unfortunately, that information was not useful to me.
Message boxes and combo boxes generated by Excel’s VBA are no longer recognized by UiPath. Even though a few days ago everything was fine.
For the time being, I changed the macro to deal with it, but I’m still looking for the reason why the error occurs.