Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component UiPath Studio community

Hi @tshinming

As @badita said first you should get familiar with UIpath activities. so Please watch those videos first :slight_smile:

what other i can advice is to get familiar with all Activities try with every activities and its properties and on hover on each activities and as well properties you will get some idea about that Activity and Properties .

Happy Learning with Uipath :slight_smile:

Note - For your problem you can use “Get Text:” Activity to get that labled text data and after its output pass that into with type Into activity.

Regards…!!

2 Likes

Hello,

I get the same error when executing the robot Error “HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component UiPath Studio community.” Could somebody tell me where does it come from or how can I solve it?

Regards,
Oriol

Hi,

I’m getting an error “Find children : Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.” when finding the children from the table.

Please help to solve this!

Thanks.

1 Like

You can try it on the different browser because this is an issue with scripting on the browser.
I recommend using iExplorer.
Hope it will help.
Let me know.

Thanks,
Pravin
Innowise

1 Like

Dear tshinming,
I also faced the same issue. I have tried by moving the Uipath folder to the another location and deleted unused screenshots then it works well for me. Try it. Hope it works for you too.
Let me know.

1 Like

Having tried every suggestion to fix the “Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component” from across the forums, none of which worked for me, I found my own fix, so posting it in the hope that someone in future may find it useful.

I determined that, in my environment, the Chrome Native Messaging capability within Chrome itself was broken, determined by finding a few other Google Extensions from the Play store that required this capability, none of which worked.

So - not a UIPath problem, but a Chrome one, despite running the latest version of Chrome.

The fix was to uninstall and re-install Chrome - remembering to install from Google Chrome - Download the Fast, Secure Browser from Google (to avoid the multitude of 3rd party Chrome builds that come up top in the search page rankings, which come bundled with hidden Spyware)

8 Likes

You’re right!!

Hi @Shansun , @osolani

I think this error is related to loading of websites which uses some javascript framework for content. I was getting this error in Get Attribute activity. This was solved by adding a delay. Just put a delay of few seconds before the activity on which you are getting this error.

1 Like

I had a similar issue and the issue was with .Net Framework when I run uipath for some selected activities

I have uninstalled and installed .Net framework version 4.6.2 and the problem was resolved

This has solved the problem for us. The website is heavy with Java script and this activity was the source of the errors. Thank you for posting this!

As an update to my previous post, as I see it’s been referenced as useful a number of time, the other issue I see people having, that generates the same problem, is installing an older version of the UiPath Chrome extension.

The older version that no longer works is unfortunately still the first one that comes up in Google search results, and for some reason UiPath have not removed it from the Google Play Store.

Incorrect/Older extension: UiPath - Chrome Web Store
(Has the UiPath logo in the top left of the page)

CORRECT/current extension: UiPath Web Automation - Chrome Web Store
(Has a jigsaw piece in the top left of the page)

Make sure you uninstall the older extension, before installing the newer one.

1 Like

Hi @tshinming,

I’m facing the same issue while handling the Excel popup which has dropdowns. I tried with select item activity but getting the below error:
Select Item ‘WindowsForms10.COMBOBOX…’: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
Can you please suggest, if you found any solution.
Thanks.

Hi! You can try going to the particular step where it is throwing this error, then if you find that the screen/window/dialog (where the element is present) in the selector section if it shows validate in red then it is not getting the dialog correctly. Select the dialog again and click validate, it should now turn green and the thing should work. :slight_smile:

I have this issue when using Find Children activity.
Browser: Internet Explorer, there is no bunch of javascript on the website I’m working on.
Any hints?
Thanks in advance.

not working for pdf

1 Like

Okay guys, so I was stuck too with this error. Did some analysis and it turns out that this happens when your bot is unable to find the required data or resource. Particular information that is absolutely unnecessary for further execution. Let me give you an example.

Suppose the bot is entering an application where it is supposed to look for a specific information, say credentials, when it does not get it there, this is the error that pops up.

Now this just my experience and it worked for me (I pointed to bot in the right direction), It may change in your experience but I think not finding the required data is the crux of this problem.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi,

I have the same problem. It also occurs, when Excel is running a lot of formulas in the background - The bot can’t do anything in Excel (I always get this error: “Click ‘Registerkartenelement B…’: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.”).
Do you have a solution for that problem?

Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone,

I got the same error :confused:
Exception Message : Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
I’m using Internet Explorer.
Do you have any solution for me please ?

Regards,
Nourchène.

1 Like

I got this error. It was caused when a “Set Focus” activity couldn’t set focus onto the specified window.

For example, a save dialog that won’t allow you to focus on the main application window.

My solution was to make sure certain dialogs were closed properly.

1 Like

Hi All,

So I was facing the same issue and root cause of this is Chrome browser.
Update it and try again, it worked for me I hope it works for you too as well.

Thanks