Error Help: Cannot refer to an instance member of a class from within a shared method or shared member initializer without an explicit instance of the class

Hi there,

I am hoping to get some guidance. I am trying to sum a column called “Value” in Excel, only the numeric values. I read the file as DT but when I wrote the following code in Write Cell function:

“DT.AsEnumerable.Sum(Function(x) If(IsNumeric(x(“Value”).ToString.Trim),CDbl(x(“Value”).ToString.Trim),0)).ToString”

It gives the following error. I appreciate if someone offer assistance. thanks.

Cannot refer to an instance member of a class from within a shared method or shared member initializer without an explicit instance of the class.

3 Likes

It’s complaining about the IsNumeric() function. To get it to work use either Information.IsNumeric() or myString.IsNumeric().

DT.AsEnumerable.Sum(Function(x) If(Information.IsNumeric(x("Value").ToString.Trim),CDbl(x("Value").ToString.Trim),0)).ToString

Or

DT.AsEnumerable.Sum(Function(x) If(x("Value").ToString.Trim.IsNumeric,CDbl(x("Value").ToString.Trim),0)).ToString
1 Like

@ptrobot

Many thanks. Your suggestion works perfect. You saved me at least a day. Cheers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.