Error: Excel Application Scope triggering error message

Hi everyone,

For context, this is the message that I am getting

Source: Excel Application Scope
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. This error usually occurs when using a variable with no set value (not initialized)
Exception Type: NullReferenceException

I’m confused as to why this message is appearing when I attempt to run the Bot, while my colleague has no issues.

The Excel Application Scope activity only reads the “WorkbookPath” value, with the options “AutoSave”, “CreateNewFile” and “Visible” selected. Everything else is left blank.

Does anyone know what could be potential cause of this problem? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi @YF_Leong

Please verify that the variable you are providing as excel path has a value.

Regards
Roshan

Hi unknownay,

The value provided as the excel path is a string extracted from another excel file. This is done in another workflow, with the value being passed across as an argument. The same excel file is used between my colleague and I. However, I am the only one experiencing this issue. The filepath in the excel file has been adjusted to match our devices, but there does not seem to be any error with the filepath.

Hi @YF_Leong

Are you guys using same version of excel ?
same version of excel packagesnand studio ?

Hi unknoway,

It turned out that the error was due to an argument not being passed successfully between workflows. Your assistance helped identify the cause of the error, thank you so much