Error encountered in Add Data Row

Hi Guys,

Please suggest me, What’s wrong with this error? . I am trying to add ArrayRow in “Add Data Row” . And the variable Name, Email, Address is already declared as local variables which are of string type. I am unable to remove the (.) before Name, email and Address.

Also, Please let me know what does below error mean :-

The workflow has validation errors. Review and resolve them first.

Compiler error(s) encountered processing expression “Name”.Invalid L-value expression.:Reference expressions cannot end with Conversion. The provided expression’s type must exactly match the type T of VisualBasicReference or LambdaReference.

Hi @Shruti_Shree

There is a small dot (.) In front of every variable in the array. You have to remove the dots and it will be okay :slight_smile:

If it works for you, please mark my answer as the solution too :slight_smile:

I am unable to remove the dot. Please go through the question again. I made some edit.

This comes when you try to run the workflow while having errors in one or more activities. It is asking to correct them before running.

In the expression editor keep the cursor there next to the dot and delete it. This dot comes when the variable name is added to the expression through inteli sense that pops up with variable names while typing the expression

1 Like

Hi @Shruti_Shree,

Fine, as the email is of string[ ] , i.e., string array format, you need to mention the array with index for specific value of string to be placed in Array Data row, like
{Name, Email(indexvalue), Address, String.Empty}…kindly use string.empty for null value rather " " for best practice.

So this error usually occurs due to validation error,

Hope this would help you…

Cheers…

2 Likes

It really works, I stuck here for 1 hrs and try you solution. Really help!!

1 Like

Hi @shyam_sharma

Glad to here from you

Welcome to uipath community

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.