I am practicing on the REF for generate yearly report, where I am facing the issue to download the report. Not getting the exact condition loop through for all the months.
I used Element Exist Activity for Downloads Button whenever there is a report available and there is popup like below but unable to perform any action on this popup window
I hope this scenario is difficult to automate with MicroSoft Edge.
Can someone please help if you have tried in Microsoft Edge?
Much appreciated for your kind help in advance.
Are you not able to indicate?
If so did you happen to try changing the mode to active accessibility and try?
Ideally you should get some selector like below
<wnd app=‘msedge.exe’ cls=‘Chrome_WidgetWin_1’ title=‘* Microsoft Edge’ />
<ctrl name='Save As' role=‘push button’ />
Hello @Vishnu_Vardhan_Addagada ,
May I know why do you perform the action in the pop-up?
Handling file downloads in web browsers, including Microsoft Edge, can be tricky, but it is possible with the right approach. Here are some steps to help you automate this process:
- Identify the Download Button: Ensure that you are correctly identifying the “Downloads” button on the web page using the UiPath activities. You mentioned using the “Element Exist” activity, which is a good start.
- Click the Download Button: Once you’ve identified the “Downloads” button, use the “Click” activity to click on it. This should trigger the download of the report.
- Wait for Download Dialog: After clicking the “Downloads” button, there might be a file download dialog or notification that appears. You’ll need to wait for this dialog to appear using the “Element Exists” or “Element Appears” activity.
- Handle the Download Dialog: Once the download dialog appears, you’ll need to interact with it to specify the download location and confirm the download. You can use activities like “Type Into” to enter the file path and “Enter” to confirm the download.
- Wait for Download Completion: After confirming the download, you should wait for the download to complete. You can use the “Wait for Download” activity if available or use a delay activity with an appropriate timeout.
- Verify Download: To ensure the download was successful, you can use the “File Exists” activity to check whether the downloaded file exists in the specified download location.
- Move or Process the Downloaded File: Once the file is downloaded, you can use activities like “Move File” to move it to the desired location or “Read CSV” or other appropriate activities to process the downloaded data.
Remember that you may need to customize the selectors and conditions in your automation workflow to match the specific web page and download dialog of the website you are working with.
Also, ensure that your browser settings allow for automatic downloads and that you have configured your download preferences in Microsoft Edge to specify where files should be saved.
If you encounter issues with the automation of Microsoft Edge, consider using other browsers like Google Chrome, which is often more straightforward to automate with UiPath due to better compatibility and support.
Lastly, make sure your workflow includes proper error handling and retries in case of any unexpected issues during the download process.
Hi @Anil_G ,
Thank you for your kind reply.
I am unable to see any selector for the pop up download window as you shared.
I am getting the below error Anil
Source: Click ‘text Save as’
Message: Cannot send input to UI element because it is outside of screen bounds.
Exception Type: UiPath.Core.ElementOperationException
UiPath.Core.ElementOperationException: Cannot send input to UI element because it is outside of screen bounds.
I would like to save all the reports with the month name so I need to click on Save as to type the file name as May.csv
I found the selector like below
SyntaxEditor Code Snippet
After a lot of retries found using the above selector in click activity with Send Window Messages Input method worked successfully to download the report.
Its really a great option to exlore UiExplorer to find the solutions regarding selectors.
Thank you so much Anil.
This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.