Error detecting project version

Yes, now that I’ve installed Community Edition Studio on my Remote PC I noticed that it is not the same version as the version on my PC that I’ve developed the solution.
So the Robot version is not the same.

If you know, how can I update Robot version (Since Studio on my PC is auto-updating and it is up to date with the newest release).

Well in my case I logged into my VM where my robot resides and re-installed the latest (2019.07.0) version of Studio (community edition). This is the same version as my local Studio instance. This brought the two versions into sync and prevented the exception from being thrown.

I can’t see any obvious way to ensure they are automatically synchronised as they are separate Studio installs running on independent OS instances.

Maybe there is a recommended approach and I am just not aware of it at this time.

I hope that helps.

1 Like

yes it does, thank you :slight_smile:

Not sure if I’m missing something or what but I’ve deleted the project.json file for the Lesson 12 - Debugging and Exception Handling - Workflows, but when I execute the Main.xaml file it get the same error.
I do not have any robots to version sync as mentioned in this thread. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

— Copied Error Below —

19.7.0+Branch.master.Sha.8c253d13718eed5c7db27daef6facd1fe1b0d067

System.NotSupportedException: Error detecting project version
at UiPath.Project.ProjectData.WorkflowDataUpgrade.GetLatestProjectData(String projectContent, Dictionary`2 availablePackages)
at UiPath.Project.WorkflowProjectRepository.OpenProjectFromText(String projectContent, String projectPath)
at UiPath.Service.Impl.ExecutionManager.Job.OpenProjectAsUser(WorkflowProjectRepository projectRepository, String projectPath, ImpersonableIdentity identity)
at UiPath.Service.Impl.ExecutionManager.Job.GetProject(ImpersonableIdentity identity)
at UiPath.Service.Impl.ExecutionManager.Job.d__29.MoveNext()

Exception Type: System.Exception

RemoteException wrapping System.Exception: Error detecting project version

System.NotSupportedException: Error detecting project version
at UiPath.Project.ProjectData.WorkflowDataUpgrade.GetLatestProjectData(String projectContent, Dictionary`2 availablePackages)
at UiPath.Project.WorkflowProjectRepository.OpenProjectFromText(String projectContent, String projectPath)
at UiPath.Service.Impl.ExecutionManager.Job.OpenProjectAsUser(WorkflowProjectRepository projectRepository, String projectPath, ImpersonableIdentity identity)
at UiPath.Service.Impl.ExecutionManager.Job.GetProject(ImpersonableIdentity identity)
at UiPath.Service.Impl.ExecutionManager.Job.d__29.MoveNext()

1 Like

Hi @ay0ung

Welcome to our UiPath Forum! :slight_smile:

Could you try performing a clean installation of Studio? See here for detailed steps on it:

When I tried to run a robot on a remote machine I was getting: Error detecting project version.

I eventually discovered the problem was caused because I had updated the UIPath packages; Mail.Activities, System.Activities and UIAutomation.Activities to the most recent versions on my development machine in mid-development.

I solved the problem by downgrading the packages to the versions used on the target machine.

I guess the other option would have been upgrading the packages on the target machine but since there are several of them, this was the quickest fix.

I hope this helps someone.

1 Like

I had same issue and changing schemaVersion in project.json file helps me.

project.json file in project folder you just need to change line
"schemaVersion": "4.0",
to
"schemaVersion": "3.2",

12 Likes

For future reference - the easier way to fix this bug is:

1. Restart your machine
  2. If 1. didn’t work - clean installation of latest Studio CE will.

It happens because auto-update of Studio didn’t manage to properly restart the underlying Robot service (thus running processes build on Studio 2019.7 on Robot 2019.6, for example).

2 Likes

for me, I just restarted the PC, and it worked.

1 Like

You saved my life

I got the same error message when I ran the robot on VM machine.
I used community edition studio which has version 2019.7.0 to develop the process.
We bought an unattended Robot license (version is 2019.4.4) and installed it on a VM machine without either orchestrator or studio installed.
We don’t want to install the community edition studio on production environment. How can we keep both studio and licensed Robot synchronized all the time? Is there a way I can open my project in version 2019.4.4 by using community edition studio?

Thank you very much for your help.

Thanks Lukas this one did the trick

@Lukas_Macas just want to check. Will this work for robot version 2019.4.4 with studio CE version 2019.7?

@seanrockvz13 It works with version 2019.4.3 for me.

Thanks Lukas! It’s really works!

muchas gracias, esta era la respuesta que estaba buscando, cambie la version y el robot se ejecuto sin problemas.

This works.

worked like a charm

Thank you indra…you solved my issue

1 Like