Error CS1061 - Displayed since new release

Hi

I have experienced the below error message since the new release of UiPath, is anyone able to help resolve please.

Thanks

Raychel

@raychel.hall

Can you try removing the activity and re enter in a new activity and check

Alternately please upgrade the system packages and check…

This does not look like an issue…if you create a new project mostly you might not see this as well

cheers

Hey @raychel.hall

Not an issue at my end
Capturekkk

Hi @Gvivek9889

I’ve redone in another sequence but I’m still getting the same error. My set1 variable is System.char, is your Sample variable String? Also my process is CSharp, does that make any difference.

Thanks

Raychel

Hi @raychel.hall ,

Could you let us know what are the Dependency and their versions being used ?

If there are preview or beta versions, update/Downgrade to latest stable versions and check.

@raychel.hall

Please try these steps

Cheers

@raychel.hall Hi. Can you check System.Linq Namespace is listed in Imports panel. If it is not present, type and enter it. Then check if the issue still exist. Imports panel will be at the bottom next to Arguments panel.

Hi Devik

System.Linq is listed.

Thanks

Raychel

@raychel.hall

My sample variable is also system.char

:thinking:

Hi Anil
I have tried all of these and tried to open a ne project but I’m still getting the same error.

Thanks

Raychel

Hi @supermanPunch
These are the dependencies…
I upgraded them and still got the error message so downgraded them again.
Do you have any other suggestions please :pray:

Thanks

Raychel

@raychel.hall ,

Does it also happen when created a new Project ? If so, Could you provide that new project as a Zipped file here, we can check on it from our end.

@supermanPunch yes, it happens on a new project too, please see attached zip file.

BlankProcess.zip (2.4 KB)

@raychel.hall The workflow is missing the needed assembly reference. Can you try this way. In assign activity, Open in Advanced Editor, delete the syntax Text1.ToCharArray().Distinct().ToArray() and click OK. Then open Advanced Editor again, type in the syntax so that intellisense will load and select the methods from it. This will add the needed assembly reference to workflow.

Hi Devi

Thank you for your advice, I have tried this, however it hasn’t made any difference :frowning:

Regards
Raychel

Hi @supermanPunch were you able to look at the zip file I sent, I have still been unable to resolve this.

Thanks

Raychel

@raychel.hall ,

Yes. I did try to open it up. But unfortunately, since I believe you are using the latest updated version of Studio, the workflow file gave me an error when trying to open it.

Could you do the below steps and Check once again :

1. Create a new project
  2. Make sure the Dependency versions are the latest Stable versions (Not Beta or preview)
  3. Create the variables (I think it was string type).
  4. Type the Expression again in the new project (Not copy paste). And again re-verification use it a Different Activity (Message Box)

Also, we did have our colleague check on the project file on his machine as well, since he was having the updated version. But we will have to come back on that shortly.

Let us know if the above check was already performed using the Stable versions in a New Project and just reply us here.

@raychel.hall The Main.xaml file shared in zip file is missing variables. In Studio, create the variables in variables panel and save it. Then open the Main.xaml in notepad and add the text
after line 67 before the text </sco:Collection>. Save the notepad. In Studio close and open the Main.xaml and see if issue still exist.

Hi @raychel.hall ,

Check your modified workflow attached below,
BlankProcess_Modified.zip (2.7 KB)

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks @Manish540

When i have opened your file there are no errors, however i cannot see what you have done differently, please can you advise me what you changed.

Thanks
Raychel