Error connecting to database

Hi

I have experienced the following error when trying to use the activity ‘Execute Query’:
Message: Cannot create and populate list type System.Data.Odbc.OdbcErrorCollection. Path ‘$values’, line 1, position 175.

Source: NewtonSoft.Json

Exception Type: JsonSerializationException

Have any of you seen this error before and knows how to fix it?

Best regards,
Jan

1 Like

Hi Again

I have uploaded my workflow file here:
DB_Test.xaml (6.4 KB)

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,

Can you use the Microsoft Driver syntax for ODBC in the connection string and try? Below is an example. I am guessing the issue might be because you have used the DSN syntax.

“Driver={Microsoft ODBC for Oracle};Server=OracleServer.world;Uid=UserName;Pwd=Secret;”

Regards,
Amrita

4 Likes

This seems to be working, thank you very much :slight_smile:

1 Like

hi,

i am facing same error in connecting excel

I have used ODBC as the provider

could u please let me know the perfect and exact connection string for connecting excel (odbc provider) so that i can eliminate this issue…

regards…

Regards…!!
Aksh

Hi Akshay,

The above attachment is for OLEDB

I need the string for ODBC and not for OLEDB

Hi I use this syntax but the same error appears… I can connect to MySQL, but when inserting data and executing queries, there is error. Do you know how to solve this problem?

I have attached workflow check it. DatabaseConnection.zip (2.8 KB)

Hello,

I am facing same error now. Did you had any solution for that.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

I am also facing the same issue.

: ERROR [IM004] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver’s SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed

Hi @thepathbreaker

1. One item that can cause this error is not having the ORACLE_HOME bin directory in your Windows OS path. Please check and put it on the first place.
  2. Check whether you have Oracle client installed. If not then please install Oracle client and verify.

Regards,
@therishirawat