Error #1680 from Orchestrator starting Job

Hello,
While starting the job I get the error #1680. State shows as ‘Faulted’. I tried refeshing the Job after a while but still see the same error.
Error #1680

Sharing some details

1. Went through [Orchestrator Error #1680] , and checked my Orchestrator and Robot version. I’m on Orchestrator 2019.12.6 and UiPath Robot - 2019.10.2. This seems okay as Orchestrator’s version is higher than Robot’s
  2. Robot type is Studio and is connected.
  3. I see the error description as “Job failed. Reason: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: password” However, my laptop doesn’t have a password.

What needs to be done?
Kind Regards,
Vani

1 Like

HI @vanirpa,

If it “Studio” type Robot you have to give a password for “Robot”.

Thanks,

1 Like

Thanks @Vish2148 for your quick response.
I’m doing Self Paced learning for UIPath and selected ‘Studio’ as it was there by default.
I went through article https://forum.uipath.com/t/getting-error-while-running-a-job-schedule-from-orchestrator/178562 where for a similar error the user added a password to his system and it worked for him. Of course, his Robot type was ‘Unattended’.
Just for learning purpose which is the type that can be selected, as I do not wish to create a password for my system. The below is the choice I get.

Robot Types

Kind Regards,
Vani

By selecting all the Robot types I see that the ‘Attended’ one doesn’t require a password. The ‘password’ field itself doesn’t show up during selection. I’ll continue with that for now. Thanks. Closing the thread.
Kind Regards,
Vani

Hi @vanirpa,
You don’t need to give a password to your PC. You just need to give password for your “ROBOT”.

1 Like

Hi @Vish2148 ,
You may be right…
To cross confirm, I just revisited the ‘Lecture 5 – Setting up orchestrator’ video of the self paced learning, and the trainer did mention very clearly that you need to provide the password of your system. I’ll drop a note to him too for further clarification.
Thanks much for reverting.
Kind Regards,
Vani

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.