Entity - Efficiently reduce number of arguments

Below links might help (Programming is in .NET):

Thank you for the answer, however, I meant using the collections and the data types that are already provided by UiPath, without writing your own code.

1 Like

This topic could help:

Entity model is planned for a future release (I don’t have any details though). It’s nice to see others looking for similar solutions as well, as that might help getting it earlier :wink:

Regards,
Andrzej

5 Likes

Thanks for letting me now, If I manage to encounter this issue I will let you know

Regards,
Rom

Hi,

I think it would be awesome if there was an easy way to define an own data structure or class (only properties, no methods) in UiPath Studio.

For example, if I had a RPA job which processes cars (just as sample) I would like to create a variable type “car” which has different properties like manufacturer (string), color (string), top speed (float), weight (int), tires (list) etc.

This would allow me to easily pass objects (i.E. a car) from one workflow to another workflow (via invoke wf). If I want to do something like this now, I have to either
a) create a variable for each property and pass a long list of arguments (manufacturer, color, etc,). This can quickly become confusing and is hard to maintain as soon as I need a new property
or
b) create i.e. a dictionary which is then restricted to one datatype (ie dictionary). This is ok but also a little bit nasty imho.

I know this might be hard to implement. But if there is a way, I think this would enrich and simplifiy a lot of workflows.

Thorsten

4 Likes

Duplicate

Since its the same use case ill close this one.

3 Likes

I find it very helpful to have the possibility to create complex datatypes (object orientation) . For example I create an object person which have the following fields: firstName from type string, lastName from type String, age from type int, etc. When I invoke an existing workflow it is now easier and quicker to deliver the needed variables, because in this example you have all your information in the object person. In this object is only your input for this workflow.
Greetings Simon

5 Likes

I guess that’s +1 for Entity model, @badita ? :wink:

BTW - is it planned for a release?

3 Likes

That’s what I need as well.
Also an enum while invoking xamls would be great.
This would ensure that only specific values are passed as arguments.

2 Likes

It won’t be in 2017.1. :pensive: Q4.

2 Likes

Hello, same issue here.

I want to make some SELECT + SUM + GROUP BY on a datatable, and I need to put results in an IEnumerable, using LINQ.

So creating IEnumerable object is OK, Select is OK, but For Each cannot work properly because item cannot recognize the object.

Our need is very simple : be able to create a simple class, to put our Select datarow inside, and play with it later with a for each.

Kind regards,
Alex

1 Like

Convert IEnumerable to DataTable.xaml (13,6 Ko)
SmallTests CSV.xaml (10,8 Ko)
Hi !

After further searches over the internet, I’ve found this : Archived MSDN and TechNet Blogs | Microsoft Learn

And I create Convert IEnumerable to DataTable UiPath script.

On this small test, we can now use LINQ, to create an IEnumerable Object, and the script will convert it again to a DataTable.

It’s dirty but it works :slight_smile:
Now we can play more seriously with UiPath :wink:

Kind regards,
Alex

I agree. The ability to create a data model class will be a great improvement.

With this topic being almost 2 years old, could I ask if something has been put into place to supplement this need?

Hi @JeffHalbert - Happy to say that this is work in progress. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

In progress means next Fast Track version, next LTS or some not specified future?
This functionality would be a huge step forward :slight_smile:

1 Like

20.10 for Enterprise and 20.8 in community. We will ship 20.8 in the next week.

1 Like

We now support this with Data Service, please read more about it here - Introducing UiPath Data Service preview

2 Likes