Email Automation Using Voting Options

Hi,
I want to send an automated email to users using the ‘Voting options’. So that the users responses are restricted(like a simple ‘Yes’/‘No’).

We are planning to automate a scenario where users will be asked if they want to continue their access to certain application. if the user says ‘No’, then the Bot would deactivate the account.
As the user replies are expected to vary widely, the idea is to restrict the responses.

P.S. We do not want to do recording over the Outlook interface, rather want to use in built UiPath activities.

Thanks/Sourav

Adding the yes or no radio button is feasible I can say. But any plan how to link the radio buttons(yes/no) with deactivating or performing any further actions from the email’s response?

Please let me know how it is feasible if you know how to implement it.

The second part seems to be rather easy.
You have to get the Subject line from the responses which would include the Voted option(Yes/No).
Based on it, you can take some action.

Thanks/Sourav

so how did you add the VotingOptions to an email? seems like a few folks are trying to do the same this. TIA

Hi,

Not sure how to implement it using the built-in UiPath activities. But you can consider to send outlook mail with voting options using Powershell and invoking it from Uipath. There are examples of it in Microsoft forums.

Regards,
Shiju Mathew

Hi… did you manage to find a solution for the voting options in the email? If “Yes” could you please share the solution as well since I am also having a similar requirement.

Thanks
Pooja

1 Like

You can try with Send Email Activity with selected “IsBodyHtml”, try to write a HTML code in body part. it will solve this case

I believe there is no way you can put ‘voting button’ using HTML.
Here is example of the HtmlBody of the email with manually inserted ‘voting button Y/N’.
I get this email from mailbox afterwards and displayed the header: ‘HtmlBody’ - seeing no tag referring to ‘voting button’ at all:

HtmlBody: <html xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta name=Generator content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=EN-US link="#0563C1" vlink="#954F72"><div class=WordSection1><p class=MsoNormal>vote test body<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>

Hello,

Any POC to send an email using voting buttons in uipath?
I have tried HTML and it doesnt work out.
Please help!

Hello,

I got it to work with HTML body. send email with two option buttons and define the response in the buttons. Worked great for us.

Just put something like this in the html string:

<div>Hello,<br>Click correct option<br><br>
	<a href='mailto:robot@company.com?subject=Yes&body=Answer is Yes.'>
		<button style='color:white;border:none;text-align: center; font-size: 16px;padding:5px;display: inline-block;background-color:green'>Yes</button>
	</a>
	<a href='mailto:robot@company.com?subject=No&body=Answer is No.'>
		<button style='color:white;border:none;text-align:center;font-size:16px; padding:5px;display: inline-block;background-color:red'>No</button>
	</a>
	<br>
Thank you, <br>With kind regards,<br><br>Your friendly company robot.<br></div>