Email Automation in StudioX - Practice - SLA Assistant

This course is designed so you can also learn from your fellow learners, particularly through the forum topics.

If you need help with the SLA Assistant practice, post a question as a reply below. To increase your chances of being helped, be as descriptive as possible. Include in your comment:

• A description of your issue: when is it happening, what activity you have trouble with.
  • A screenshot of your error.
  • You can also attach your automation project.

If you can help a fellow learner, don’t be afraid to reply and make a suggestion. Participating in the conversation helps solidify the knowledge you’ve acquired in this course.

Just curious. What is meant by SLA or what does it stand for?

Hello @Same.Maroc!

An SLA (service level agreement) describes what a customer can expect from a service provier.

1 Like

Hi there,

The steps for Gmail are a bit challenging. I did find them in the “official docs” but still faced some challenges and for now I am still getting the credential requests. Will try again.

Philip

Nice Guide for Email Automation.

Thanks.

The provided html email is malformed

I run into this problem and dont know how to fix

I ran into the same problem as you @Kamran_Mammadli . I just changed everything to just be text. I had a warning before even executing that the HTML was not going to work, so I just gave up. I think using the Text option is ok because it teaches you how to insert the variables so each e-mail reply is customized.

if you start from the project from the scratch, it will work. A lot of examples, project files are legacy files and UiPath retired legacy support in 2022. The learning materials are from 2021.

Ok. thanks for letting me know. I’ll try it again. :slight_smile:

I also had issues with the HTML not being formatted properly. I ended up using the text instead, but how does the issue get fixed?

I found that I was getting this error because I was trying to use Outlook Desktop. I switched to Gmail, and it worked fine.

Hi everyone,
I did not get the examples running for the html reply either. I also used Outlook desktop. It did not matter whether I was running the project in windows legacy setup or not. I think this problem occures because the oringinal mails we received from UiPath are all text-only mails.
If you go into the original mails and then change the formating options from “plain text” to “HTML”, it will work with the html format.
image (sorry this is a screenshot from a German outlook setup, but I guess you get the idea).
I think there are similar discussions regarding Studio, e.g. here Reply to outlook mail body looks plain - #2 by karthick
Hope this helps.
Best regards, Matthias

2 Likes

Save for later value in version 2023.6 Studio X is called: Set Variable Value

I ran the automation, cannot find the drafts in my email, but the run was successful, so :woman_shrugging: I guess that is that?

2 Likes

Hey, I too ran the automation. It shows successful, but there’s no draft. Nor any email has been replied to or marked as read. Did you find the solution yet?

1 Like

This worked best for me and I did not need to recreate everything.

I am working on this project but I created new variables for TicketRequest and TicketNumber however i do not know how it is connected because on switch activity it only shows default and not Software Issue and i am not able to create cases in the switch statement. I am stuck from here and need help

I don’t know what’s the issue on this one after running the process successfully nothing changes, the emails are not sent nor marked read. I have followed the suggestions of fellow peers below of changing the body to text but no results. however in my version there’s no “Modify Text” may be that’s where the problem lies.

Just want to call out that the Typeform to receive the emails to test with is closed.

Hi,
I sent in a service request for this, so hopefully it will get fixed, but in the meantime, I went a bit further on in the course and there was a link in part 3 (processing the invoices) that takes you to the ACME site “part 2”. When you get there, you can click on “part 1” and it will give you the location to enter your email address to get the emails. It takes a few minutes for them to show up in your email, and the address that is referenced in the video is now different on the email (they now come from no-reply@uipath.com), just adjust your iteration accordingly and it works!
Hope this is helpful

1 Like