Element Exists freezes on app crash

Hello!

Was there a solution for your problem? I’m currently facing the same behavior with a click activity.
The problem is that the robot is stuck while the appcrash dialog exists.
If I manually close this dialog, the execution continues and I get a SelectorNotFoundException.

Samuel

I’m wondering if this issue can worked around using parallel activity.
You use delay activity and make the error be thrown after 30 seconds.
Using the error thrown by the activity you can use a try catch, and confirm if the application has crashed, and error handle from there. Please give this a try and let us know if it fixes the issue.
https://www.uipath.com/ja/resources/knowledge-base/timeoutプロパティを持たない-アクティビティの使用法について

2 Likes

I also have the same issue. In SAP, a “spreadheet options” popup is active, opens a Windows “Save as” popup. The “Save as” window closes, and directly after I am looking for an element in the status bar below. As soon as the text exist activity tries to analyze the status bar, the application freezes and Uipath gets stuck on the activity, but only if the “spreadheet options” popup is still active.

An attempt with element exist on the “spreadheet options” popup gave the same problem.

At this point, I just can’t analyze the elements anymore.

I too got the same issue. Can you please let me know how the element exist freeze issue got resolved?

I have faced the issue and resolved. If there is any excel read/write activity you have used, then you have to use kill process"EXCEL". I have used kill process"EXCEL" and it worked. It is a strange behaviour with uipath, my process was also working fine and suddenly freeze at Element exist activity. Hope it will work in your process

1 Like

I have tried and it worked for me. Thanks