Editing or amending an existing data scraping project to add fields

Hi, I have searched online for answers to this, I am sure the answer is completely obvious. I have created a number of projects, and I have decided that I want to pull some extra correlated data fields. How do I go into the existing project and amend it to add in the extra correlated data?

1 Like

if you have old data in one table and new data in another table you can use Merge Data table activity and get all related data in single table, else you can use build data table loop through the two different table which have the data and you can push the data to final datatable.

2 Likes

Hi @TRANSLTR,

It is also possible to edit selectors for Extract Data activity properties, please see screenshot for example

Thank you! Is it possible to re-invoke the wizard though and add new columns through the UI, rather than editing the XML?

@TRANSLTR it seems that you can create new data scraping activity and manually merge the data definition from old activity into it

Hello @kostya27,

Do you know how can I rename column of my web data table with edit data definition of data scraping? Because I have the message “Syntax error” all time.

Thanks,

Hi @MigT you can create your own custom column names for scraped data, but only if manually specifying selectors for each column. For that you will want to start data scraping wizard and pick No in “You selected a table cell, would you like to extract the data from the whole table”

Another option is to change column names in DataTable object after the table has been retrieved.

Hi @kostya27,

I know that I can create my own column, but when you have just one row it’s not possible because you need the first and the last value for each column.
So I did as your second option.