Edge browser extension not working: Cannot communicate with browser, please check the UiPath extension

StudioX Version: 2020.10.2
Edge Version: Version 98.0.1108.62

Hi,

I’m having issues getting the Edge browser extension to work, despite it being installed correctly. When I run my automation, I get the following error (Logs will be at the end of post):

Cannot communicate with browser, please check the UiPath extension

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the extension with no luck. I’m required to use Edge by my company, so I can’t try IE, Chrome, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Logs:

Source: Use Browser Edge: HighBond - Launchpad

Message: Cannot communicate with the browser, please check the UiPath extension.

Exception Type: UiPath.UIAutomationNext.Exceptions.UiAutomationException

RemoteException wrapping UiPath.UIAutomationNext.Exceptions.UiAutomationException: Cannot communicate with the browser, please check the UiPath extension.  ---> RemoteException wrapping System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Cannot communicate with the browser, please check the UiPath extension. 
   at UiPath.UiBrowserClass.Open(String bstrURL, String bstrCmdLineArgs, UiBrowserFlags flag)
   at UiPath.UIAutomationNext.Services.DriverApplicationService.<ActivateBrowser>d__14.MoveNext()
	--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at UiPath.Shared.Activities.AsyncTaskNativeImplementation.BookmarkResumptionCallback(NativeActivityContext context, Object value)
   at UiPath.Shared.Activities.ContinuableAsyncNativeActivity.BookmarkResumptionCallback(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
   at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
   at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

1 Like

@Garrett_Mindrup

Try below steps

1. Uninstall Edge Browser Extension.

2. Restart UiPath Studio.

3. Install Edge Browser Extension.

4. Check Whether Edge Browser Extension is added to your Browser -
    Extension.

Thanks, Karuna, but that did not work. I’m still getting the same error.

20.10.2+Branch.master.Sha.cf481ddc1ae94ab83e743f85d96fbfeca8fc705c

Source: Use Browser Edge: HighBond - Launchpad

Message: Cannot communicate with the browser, please check the UiPath extension.

Exception Type: UiPath.UIAutomationNext.Exceptions.UiAutomationException

RemoteException wrapping UiPath.UIAutomationNext.Exceptions.UiAutomationException: Cannot communicate with the browser, please check the UiPath extension.  ---> RemoteException wrapping System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Cannot communicate with the browser, please check the UiPath extension. 
   at UiPath.UiBrowserClass.Open(String bstrURL, String bstrCmdLineArgs, UiBrowserFlags flag)
   at UiPath.UIAutomationNext.Services.DriverApplicationService.<ActivateBrowser>d__14.MoveNext()
	--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at UiPath.Shared.Activities.AsyncTaskNativeImplementation.BookmarkResumptionCallback(NativeActivityContext context, Object value)
   at UiPath.Shared.Activities.ContinuableAsyncNativeActivity.BookmarkResumptionCallback(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
   at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
   at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

@Garrett_Mindrup

Refer this

Also check whether the edge browser extension is “Enabled” or not in the browser extension section ie here

This has been resolved. My company security system was blocking the usage of the extension, so we had to utilize an internal workaround to allow the extension to work.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.