Dynamic selector locate the wrong position

When I applying the RPA to my workflow, I got some problem on Anchor Base/Dynamic Selector activities:
- Goal: Kinds of data need to be update into it’s matched datatype-name textbox. Update fields are unsure every period time.
- Idea:
1. Store all the “datatype-name” and data as variables(String and datatable)-easy to change the value for different update requirement. Use index to count in loop.
2. Use dynamic selector to locate to a certain matched textbox, “datatype-name” variable will be passed as the UI element id in selector, store selector content as a string variable.
3. Use Anchor Base activity to find the correct text by dynamic selector, input the data to textbox.
- Problem: With the correct UI element id of textbox got from UI explore(same as from IE explore inspector), appears no error, however, when the project is running, anchor always located to wrong textbox (one box before or after), input the data to wrong textbox.

Hi DorisWang,

Use the aname attribute in the selector and try avoiding the ID. With the aname in the selector the correct text box will be selected.

Thanks

Thank you very much! This way it performs correctly in this situation.

However, what if the UI elements have no ‘name’ or ‘aname’ but only ‘id’ in HTML?

Dan Wang

Mob: +358 46 568 0501

Email: doriswang1010@outlook.com

Hi DorisWang,

It is always good to avoid ID in the selector but in situations with no other options available you can use it.

Thanks