Drop down list select item does not update the buttons

I have a dropdown menu with items on it

the original button is "Rate " and when I select an item from the menu for example Blue the button automatically changes to “Order” (it is how the app works). When I manually do it without using bot it works and has no problem but when I use select item activity it was able to select an item but the button did not change. Any idea if what is the problem ?. is it about delay?. Thanks.

orderr

here is the property of my select activity

Any idea would be much appreacited. Thanks

Hi @Jelrey,

Maybe the site could have a onClick function to do something else, like change or enable the order button.

I can think in a workaround where you click on the dropbox menu to expand it and then click on the cell you want.

Can you give it a try and reply if it works?

Tks.

what do you mean by this Sir ?where you click on the dropbox menu to expand it and then click on the cell you want. ?

you mean to use click activities rather than select item activity ?

Exactly.

is some delay still needed?

the selector

<wnd app='app.exe' cls='ComboLBox' idx='*' />
<ctrl name='Blue' role='list item' />

Hi @Jelrey try to do as @Schirru said

Like using one click activitiy to click the main drop-down part and using second drop down to the select the any options inside it by by making selector of second click activitiy dynamic

Also make sure to tick the simulateclick property of second click activitiy which is selecting option in drop-down

Hope it helps :blush:

Regards

Nived N :robot:

Happy Automation :slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile:

why is that my second click does not work sir ? I indicated on the screen and here is the selector

<wnd app='app.exe' cls='ComboLBox' idx='*' />

Click ‘list item’: Click with “Simulate” is not supported for this element. Please use other input method.

Or just try with simple click activity

yeah i am using click activity.

Try to remove “idx” attribute from selector

still the same error

<wnd app='app.exe' cls='ComboLBox'  />

What is the error message that you are getting?

Click An Item: Click with “Simulate” is not supported for this element. Please use other input method.

Try to uncheck the options of Simulate and SendWindowsMessage.

I already did it now , I uncheck both same it does not select the item from the menu which is the Blue , only the first click activity did work

1 Like

Can you share the site?