Download the attachments and compile in one file in order they are attached to the mail

I want to download attachments from the email and compile them into one file in the order they are attached to the mail. Looking for help here. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hey @sandyk

I hope you can zip it and attach to the email.

Thanks
#nK

first download the attachment in specific folder and compress it then you can send ,
for compress try compress/zip file activity

You can use merge pdf file activity to join the pdf into 1 pdf. Source file is an array . You can specify the names in the order in which you need it

I don’t want to compress. I want to compile (merge) all pdf into one file. When I merge it, the first file in the merged file should be the one which was attached to the mail first (left most attached file in email).

I want to compile (merge) all pdf into one file. When I merge it, the first file in the merged file should be the one that was attached to the mail first (left most attached file).

have you checked whether save attchments activity is saving the files in order in the folder?

The download behavior is not consistent. It downloads In any order.

rather than from left to right is it possible to arrab=nge based on some other condition ?

Can you please let me know how to download attachments one by one? For eg. There are three attachments attached to an email. How can I download the attachments one by one and not all at once?

will the file name or atleast the file contents will have some text or something to identify the file for eg. in case of invoice it will “invoice” text to identify…similarly can we distinguish in your scenario?

No. There can be multiple attachments with “Invoice” text in the name or in the file.
I was thinking to download the attachments one by one with adding a delay of a second or two. Then sorting the files by date modified and then compiling it. I am not getting how to download attachments one by one.

mailmessage.attachments will give you the list of attachments in the mail…Can you check if it is order in the list?

please go through this link and follow this it will give you answer

Hi @sandyk

Did you check if this works?