Download File activity

Simple activity to download to a local file the data from a URI. Two parameters as input, the network address and the local file path.

Also, we could have another one that will work in a browser context. If the resource requires authentication, we can use a Browser scope to authenticate and then download the file.

This should be driven by community.

how simple steps!

Hi @setareh238 , @Silviu , @badita and @ovi ,

I have created a new package to download the file from url.

BalaReva.Externals.Activities.1.0.0.zip (3.9 KB)

Sample Url : “https://discourse-cdn-sjc1.com/business5/uploads/uipath/original/2X/9/9104041a61bc7621eee0fb65e815ecf47e64f2f5.pdf”

Give me your feedbacks…

Regards
Balamurugan.S

How to download multiple file using HTTP

Hi @balupad14,

I tested your activity and works fine :slight_smile:

Still, I would suggest a few small changes related to UI:

• “InPut” should be “Input”.
  • “NetworkAdd” - maybe use a better name like “Network Address”, or URL.

Hi @Silviu,
Thank you very much for ur feedback. I have changed the properties name as your suggestion.Here I have attached the changed one.

Regards
Balamurugan

@balupad14 i am getting following error

Hi @indra,
Thank you for updating the error. In the “Filepath” , you have to specify the file name also something like “D:\uipath\sss.pdf”.

Regards
Balamurugan

@balupad14 in the below link to extract file you have given same name for two activities for download file and to zip or unzip files also its not working

Hi @indra,
I didn’t get your exact point. Can tell me which name ? Which one is not working ?

Regards
Balamurugan

Hi @balupad14 Can you tell how to zip or unzip file using below activity

Hi @indra,
I will explain and attach you by sample in some more minutes.
Regards
Balamurugan

HI @indra,
Please take a look the below . It has the sample and picture representation also.

Regards
Balamurugan

@balupad14 Its very useful activity but from below image you can see activity name is Download File,UnZip File (s) is not given but in the zip file the actvity name is ZipFiles (s) is given

Hi @indra,

Thank you. I will update it in the next release.

Regards
Balamurugan

Hi @indra,
I have published a new version of the activity with new custom activity. I have changed the name also for your suggestion. I think you convince with name.

Thank you
Balamurugan

Hi @balupad14,

I am getting following Exception while using your sample url or other urls too

Download File : An exception occurred during a WebClient request.

how to resolve it, do you have idea?

Hi ,
if you don’t mind can you share the link ? to test it at my side

Regards
Balamurugan.S

Hi @balupad14,

I were using your sample only which you have given above, actually the issue was the file name we need to add with the download location, the file name was encrypted @website url, so once I download the file and given the original name of file with download loacation, it worked for me.

Thanks and Regards
Aditya