Download company audit report (pdf) from company website and extract some info

@Palaniyappan Double click Image has worked.

1 Like

Awesome
Kindly let know for any queries or clarification
Cheers @Gnaneshwari_Pinna

@Palaniyappan- I have a question. In this case, am actually selecting the document name as an image and then adding activities to download it. This way, every time i have to edit the bot to add new image of new version of the document. This does not save much of my time, Instead, is there a way that it does the download basis keywords?

1 Like

Fine
Got it instead of click activity with double click
Did we try with SEND HOT KEY activity with key as tab and then use n number of send hot key activity with that key until it reaches the field we want
Once after reaching we can use a final send hot key activity with key as enter

@Palaniyappan, Actually am looking for something which can be done without doing much homework in future. Apart from this there is no other option?

1 Like

This is more reliable and doesn’t need any periodic changes in the process
Even we don’t need to select any element for selector
Just send hot key with key as tab and use n number of such activities and once after reaching use enter as key

1 Like

Hi @Gnaneshwari_Pinna,
Is your issue solved?
Just for understanding the scenario,

you are opening the website > handling cookie popup > then navigating to Investors relations page > and clicking the report for downloading. Is that right?

Hi @shankm, so far i have done what you have outlined. I am going ahead with hot keys for downloading. My concern is instead of using hot keys or click image activity, is there any keyword based thingie that i can choose so that in future i do not have to count the number of tabs (in case of changes) or change the image(in case of click image activity). There is much more to do in this. I will keep updating this thread with more questions. Thanks for checking :slight_smile:

Hi @Gnaneshwari_Pinna,
Which operations are done by click image activity and hot keys, can you explain? So that I can find some solution, if possible.
Thanks.

1 Like

@shankm, after visiting the Investor Relations >Annual reports page, we need to navigate to “Barclays PLC Annual Report 2018 (PDF)” inorder to open it. For this, i have tried these two click image and send hot key activities.

Hi @Gnaneshwari_Pinna,
You want to download “Barclays PLC Annual Report 2018 (PDF)” only?

I’ll share a solution which can be customized as per your requirement.

I hope everything is fine upto navigating to the Annual reports page.

After that,
Use find children activity

Filter must be <webctrl TAG='A'>

Then iterate on the links as follows,

In the properties of “for reach” activity, choose type argument as UiPath.Core.UiElement

In the properties of “Get Attribute” activity, set selector as item.selector.tostring

Similarly, in the properties of click activity also set selector as item.selector.tostring.

Since I’m working in a secure network, I can’t share the workflow. Please check and let me know if any clarification is required.
Happy Automation.

1 Like

@shankm, let me go through this thoroughly and get back to you. Thank you!

1 Like

@shankm, can you also tell me how will i save this pdf. The moment we click on the link, it opens in a new window and moreoever the download button appears on hover

1 Like

@Gnaneshwari_Pinna
If the download button appear only on hover, you can use hover activity. I’m not sure about this, just try.

Else you can go for a better and reliable solution,
The download option you said (on hover) may change depending on the PDF reader, PDF plug-in you are using in the machine. So, let’s use the safest method, as follows
When we click the link, the PDF will be opened in new window
Then, go to File> Save As

Then enter the destination path including the file name, and save.
That’s all.

1 Like

@shankm What are the keystrokes you have used to open the menu in the opened pdf (File, Edit, Go to…)

You can enable it by right clicking the internet explorer top title bar and tick menu bar

@shankm, So since we are doing this automation in Chrome, do i do this? Three vertical dots > More tools > Save page as ???

1 Like

@Gnaneshwari_Pinna,
Yes, that’s right.

Or you can also try sending hot key ctrl+s

1 Like

@Gnaneshwari_Pinna,
Did that solution worked?

@shankm, i did not try yet. Busy wit something. Will let you know once i try. Thanks for checking

1 Like