Download attachments - not downloading all pdf's, help :)

Hi.

I have a mail automation flow, where im downloading pdf attachments only. And it work fine, but there is 1 sender from whom the automation refuse to download the attachments, and i cant figure out why???

The following is done for each mail processed:

Where the following filter is added:

Im sure about that the mail is downloaded and processed though the download loop. but somehow it is not filtered in the save attachments activity. Anyonw know why ??

Ty in advance

Hi Thomas,

Is it worth specifically stating the attachment name in the regex i.e. filename.pdf
or
Forwarding the email from that particular person to yourself and then sending the attachment using your own email address to narrow things down.

Could it be that it’s not seeing that particular email rather than the attachment for some reason.

The work flow downloads the mails, downloads the PDF attachments, Prints the attachments. Those mails that got an PDF attachment are moved to a folder in outlook called “RPA Processed” and those that did not are being moved to at folder called “Process manually”

So the email is processed and moved to folder in outlook called “Process Manually”. So the mail are being loaded and seen. It just the attachment that are not. It is always from the same sender, that the attachments are not being processed.

Got no clue why this is so :confused:

It really does sound like it’s something to do with the attachment from that sender doesn’t it.
Did you try forwarding the email to your account and then emailing to the the inbox the robot will work on.
I’m wondering if there is something in the name of the attachment (from that particular senders computer) that is throwing out your filter (.*(.pdf|.PDF) - like some dodgy control character

I thought so too, but i cant see what it should be.

Here is a specific example of one of the PDF file name; R-72328635.PDF
Nothing out of the ordinary i would say.

What about removing the filter altogether Thomas, to rule that out. Maybe it’s a bug with the UiPath activity even.

@roy_r @Thomas_Eld

how get the attachments(pdf) from attached email(.msg) in the email , so email - email - pdf
also pdf attachments from email ?
and then I need to apply regex to get the list of all the dates , get the latest date save it in a variable .

how get the attachments(pdf) from attched email(.msg) in the email , so email - email - pdf
also pdf attachemtns from email ?
and then I need to apply regex to get the list of all the dates , get the latest date save it in a variable .
I have seen all the posts around it :

and many links are here as well
How to save perticular file from outlook, when the attachments contains multiple files